Author Topic: Subway sized poster that is a vinyl sticker  (Read 2622 times)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Subway sized poster that is a vinyl sticker
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »
I got this A Christmas Carol piece from ebay.  Has anyone ever seen a poster that is basically one big sticker?  After receiving it, I realized that I hadn't read the description well enough, as I was expecting it to just be on paper.  The colors, letters, etc. seem decent, but the fact that it is a vinyl sticker is strange to me.   :-\

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Subway sized poster that is a vinyl sticker
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »
yeah I've seen them, I think they usually use them (or at least this is how I've seen them used) to be stuck down on the floor, at entrances to cinemas etc.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »
I got this A Christmas Carol piece from ebay.  Has anyone ever seen a poster that is basically one big sticker?  After receiving it, I realized that I hadn't read the description well enough, as I was expecting it to just be on paper.  The colors, letters, etc. seem decent, but the fact that it is a vinyl sticker is strange to me.   :-\

Yep, I bought a couple of those 5ft banners from that seller. I guess they're like wilding posters that are placed on fences or walls. Somebody advised me NOT to stick them to the wall - they strip the paint when removed.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:53:54 PM »
Cool. Cool.  The guy seems to have all legit stuff, it was just kind of a surprise to expect paper or vinyl.  I bet they would strip the paint off the wall.  Happened once when I tried industrial strength Velcro on my Lollipop Girl piece.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »
Just recently had the pleasure of watching Zemeckis' CHRISTMAS CAROL...what a great movie!
His next CGI feature (as producer only) is MARS NEEDS MOMS....coming soon.
Here's the trailer http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi575576345/

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »
I got this A Christmas Carol piece from ebay.  Has anyone ever seen a poster that is basically one big sticker?  After receiving it, I realized that I hadn't read the description well enough, as I was expecting it to just be on paper.  The colors, letters, etc. seem decent, but the fact that it is a vinyl sticker is strange to me.   :-\

Hey Brandon, do you still have the pics of this vinyl subway "sticker?" Or might you still have it?

-Jeff

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »
Good find on this thread, Jefe. I recalled asking about this when someone was asking about this type of poster recently, but I forgot to reply.

I probably erased the photos from my pc. I removed a lot of photos of posters that are no longer in my humble collection from Photobucket, also.

It was one of the posters that got junked when I last moved. The time and cost to list it, ship it, etc. were more than its market value.

Frankly, i was not impressed with that vinyl sticker subway. I probably won't be adding another to my humble collection.  The sticker poster dealio isn't really my cup of tea.  I'm more old school, and appreciate the nostalgic vibe of good ol' paper posters.  8)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »
Thanks for the info, B.

From what you remember, did this have like a large protective layer that you would have just peeled off, to then stick the poster to a wall?

-Jeff

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »
Yeah. Just like a big sticker.