Author Topic: Indiana Jones Daybill  (Read 1484 times)

Offline ArnieD101

• Beginner
Indiana Jones Daybill
« on: August 16, 2022, 06:49:45 AM »
Hey all,

Stumbled upon this Australian daybill and was wondering whether anyone can verify its authenticity?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Indiana Jones Daybill
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 12:32:29 PM »
I don't think it has been reprinted.  Also, impossible to tell in the frame.  But if it is 13 1/2x28in, you should be fine.  If buying from a dealer, don't spend too much, there are plenty of those out there.  Certainly no more than US $100.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ArnieD101

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 07:18:48 PM »
Yeah it's a bit tricky to tell from the photos! It's from a personal listing and the person has a crap load of posters they're selling (and signed stuff which seems fake based on the signature style).

They have it listed for 245 USD (350 AUD) apparently because the framing cost a lot and it's on an acid free foam board according to them. I'm hesitant to spend that much though others are listing for similar prices as well...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 09:37:59 PM »
I would not spend a penny on something that has been mounted on a foam board.  It's good as trash, as far as I'm concerned.  And again, this poster is not worth more than $100.  Just be patient.  A perfect copy that is not mounted will come around.  Also, you should never buy anything that is framed.  There is no way to know what the original copy looked like.

My 2 cents.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ArnieD101

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 09:46:50 PM »
I would not spend a penny on something that has been mounted on a foam board.  It's good as trash, as far as I'm concerned.  And again, this poster is not worth more than $100.  Just be patient.  A perfect copy that is not mounted will come around.  Also, you should never buy anything that is framed.  There is no way to know what the original copy looked like.

My 2 cents.

T

Appreciate the advice! My understanding is that if it's acid-free then it's ok but that they shouldn't be dry mounted?

I'd be looking to frame my Fellowship poster when it arrives, but do you have any advice for that so that the poster doesn't lose value?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 09:56:31 PM »
Dry mounting a poster KILLS its value.  I can't say it in more honest terms.  That poster is worth nothing.  Also, never ever buy framed posters.

I know you don't know who any of us are, but we are all seasoned collectors.  I have a few Indiana Jones posters and I can honestly tell you that this poster is not worth more than $100.

T
My Personal Collection