Author Topic: June 2022  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
June 2022
« on: June 04, 2022, 08:42:06 PM »
Nothing terribly exciting, but I added 2 film noir titles to my collection this month: a never-folded half-sheet for Kubrick's masterpiece The Killing (1956), and a folded one-sheet for Somewhere in the Night (1946), directed by the great Joseph Mankiewicz.  The Killing half-sheet boasts an unusually macabre image for the time.

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
Re: June 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 04:51:54 PM »

That poster has me curious about the film, I've never seen it! Great find! :)

It's been a while since I've posted about my purchases (although I have made a few) since college has kept me busy but here's one!
This one is a bit of a curiosity though. It's a theatrical one sheet for the 1984 film "Hollywood Hot Tubs"....but it's NOT in color! All the other one sheets I have seen for this film have been in color and I could not find out anything about this oddity. Does anyone have any idea why a colorless one sheet might exist for a film that otherwise has all its one sheets in color? I have no reason to think it's a fake because it's the same size as the colored one sheets and looks/feels like the real deal.

Anyway, I absolutely love this film and it's definitely one of my favorite '80s sex comedies! It's definitely one of those that can have have you laughing beginning to end if it's your type of thing and I LOVE the valley girl character Crystal...who even got her own film in the sequel to this one!
Also, as it is pride month, this film is also LGBTQ+ inclusive which is always good to see in an '80s film!
Unfortunately this one seems to have been forgotten by time, as it doesn't seem to have ever made it out of the VHS era. I hope someday it gets the HD restoration it deserves and is put out on Blu-ray with its sequel...bonus points for a soundtrack release as well!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 07:37:44 PM »
Love the Kubrick!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 11:14:51 AM »

It's been a while since I've posted about my purchases (although I have made a few) since college has kept me busy but here's one!
This one is a bit of a curiosity though. It's a theatrical one sheet for the 1984 film "Hollywood Hot Tubs"....but it's NOT in color! All the other one sheets I have seen for this film have been in color and I could not find out anything about this oddity. Does anyone have any idea why a colorless one sheet might exist for a film that otherwise has all its one sheets in color? I have no reason to think it's a fake because it's the same size as the colored one sheets and looks/feels like the real deal.

I don’t have an explanation for the colour vs black & white phenomenon, but I have experienced the same thing with another 80s poster — the horror movie Mother’s Day had a one-sheet in both formats. I have a rolled B&W poster but I have also seen it available in colour.

Sorry not to be able to shed more light, and nice pick-up on the Hot Tubs poster!