Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1520516 times)

Offline Starling

• Collector
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #4075 on: June 29, 2018, 05:32:01 PM »
http://www.newsweek.com/jaws-mondo-movie-posters-screen-print-shark-roger-kastel-jason-edmiston-1000259

I want that Jaws bad but I have had terrible luck lately.

What time have they been dropping them lately?  Mornings like before?

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4076 on: June 29, 2018, 07:08:52 PM »
I haven't been trying much lately, but in general, between 11:30AM to 12:30PM Eastern time is the norm.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4077 on: July 02, 2018, 02:53:56 PM »
I haven't been trying much lately, but in general, between 11:30AM to 12:30PM Eastern time is the norm.

The "official" MONDO announcement from this morning:

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/jaws-poser-art-print-by-roger-kastel-jaws-ost-enamel-pins

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4078 on: July 03, 2018, 02:23:43 PM »
With the JAWS print drop now done, a quick search on ebay found this pricey copy already being offered for $1500.00 (a BIN).  faint2.gif

And it has 7 watchers, too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaws-Book-Cover-Art-Print-The-Shark-By-Roger-Kastel-Mondo-Movie-Posters/123226802468?hash=item1cb0e3c924:g:bZkAAOSw6AlbOqBE

-Jeff

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #4079 on: July 03, 2018, 02:26:26 PM »
They were both gone in under 30 seconds. Mondo cancelled some duplicate orders and relisted those posters, but they also went in under 30 seconds.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4080 on: July 03, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »
It will be interesting to watch the ebay listings, as they appear, to see how much people will be willing to pay the flippers for a copy, too. In that same, quick look, it seems some ebay copies are being offered in the $300+ range, too.

-Jeff

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4081 on: July 04, 2018, 07:38:39 AM »
It will be interesting to watch the ebay listings, as they appear, to see how much people will be willing to pay the flippers for a copy, too. In that same, quick look, it seems some ebay copies are being offered in the $300+ range, too.

Looks like both versions are selling for $600+. For the titled version, I think I'd rather have a folded one sheet for that money, but I see why the Mondo collectors are buying it up (no fold lines, screen print, signed by Kastel, fits in their standard frames etc.)

UK folk were restricted to the art print version (for licensing reasons, presumably), but I'm fine with that as I like it a lot. Great image in a good size, signed by the artist.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4082 on: July 17, 2018, 04:55:54 PM »
Looks like both versions are selling for $600+. For the titled version, I think I'd rather have a folded one sheet for that money, but I see why the Mondo collectors are buying it up (no fold lines, screen print, signed by Kastel, fits in their standard frames etc.)

UK folk were restricted to the art print version (for licensing reasons, presumably), but I'm fine with that as I like it a lot. Great image in a good size, signed by the artist.

The art print is clearly the better print, so don't feel bad.  I got one at the Mondo drop and then a friend of mine sold me his for $150 right after the drop.  I usually don't check the aftermarket, but just did, and I'm sure he regrets selling it to me.  Live and learn :)

I think you're right about the appeal of the poster version though.  Size is what Mondo collectors care about.  And most of them probably don't know there is a poster of the same design ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4083 on: July 17, 2018, 05:46:03 PM »
The art print is clearly the better print, so don't feel bad.  I got one at the Mondo drop and then a friend of mine sold me his for $150 right after the drop.  I usually don't check the aftermarket, but just did, and I'm sure he regrets selling it to me.  Live and learn :)

I think you're right about the appeal of the poster version though.  Size is what Mondo collectors care about.  And most of them probably don't know there is a poster of the same design ;)

T

That's a good friend! The aftermarket has gone pretty crazy on the art print version. One of those that is desired beyond Mondo collectors? Mine shipped yesterday, I'm pretty nervous about it arriving safely.

Yep, size does seem important to them! This trend for 'reverse engineering' existing poster designs seems to be continuing, I see Bottleneck Gallery will be releasing a screen print of Bob Gleason's art for Halloween in the near future.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4084 on: July 17, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »
He’s like me, he doesn’t really follow the trends and doesn’t care what something is worth.  I don’t even know if he knows it has gained in value.  If I rub it in, he’s going to make me pay for the next round of beers, so I’ll keep it quiet ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4085 on: July 20, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »
For the first time ever, I’m not buying anything Mondo at Comic Con.  Everything looks subpar to me.  They’re doing Drive... again.  Annihilation, did they really think that movie would become something of a classic?  Avengers... again.  Two bad Jurassic World prints.  A clear lack of vision.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #4086 on: July 22, 2018, 09:24:05 PM »
Good for kiddies - and Mondo love-slaves!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4087 on: July 22, 2018, 09:29:23 PM »
Pure awful!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4088 on: May 25, 2019, 12:14:05 AM »
Got this one yesterday.  I thought it was an interesting take, and it made my kids late for school.  I could have bought it off Ebay, it's super cheap, but I just hate those low life flippers.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #4089 on: May 25, 2019, 02:55:21 PM »
Got this one yesterday.  I thought it was an interesting take, and it made my kids late for school.  I could have bought it off Ebay, it's super cheap, but I just hate those low life flippers.

T

That does pick up the mood of the movie, T.  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4090 on: June 27, 2019, 01:19:46 PM »
Good drop at Mondo this morning (or so I think).  All Kubrick.

Got me these two.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #4091 on: June 27, 2019, 11:12:37 PM »
Good drop at Mondo this morning (or so I think).  All Kubrick.

Got me these two.

T

Weird delights for the eyes, T!  Really cool posters.  Okie

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4092 on: September 04, 2020, 05:05:51 AM »
In case it's of interest to anyone, Mondo have this Parasite poster by Rory Kurtz available for sale until Sunday evening.

https://mondoshop.com/collections/posters/products/parasite-timed-edition-screenprinted-poster

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4093 on: September 04, 2020, 11:04:07 AM »
I don't buy timed editions, but I got the variant yesterday.  Pretty cool.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4094 on: September 04, 2020, 11:11:37 AM »
I really like the variant, I was too slow unfortunately (again).

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4095 on: September 04, 2020, 11:33:03 AM »
Sorry to hear, but not to worry, the scavengers are already selling them on Ebay.

On a side note, I really don't understand the point of Timed Editions.  I haven't bought a single one in my years of collecting prints, and never will.  To me, it really defeats the purpose of what numbered prints are all about.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4096 on: September 04, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »
Sorry to hear, but not to worry, the scavengers are already selling them on Ebay.

On a side note, I really don't understand the point of Timed Editions.  I haven't bought a single one in my years of collecting prints, and never will.  To me, it really defeats the purpose of what numbered prints are all about.

T

Thanks T - I'll try and get the variant down the line when they hype calms a bit and prices lull. I also missed the Ansin Star Wars variant recently. i think I've only ever bought about 15 prints from re-sellers in 10+ years of collecting them, so I rarely do it, but I like both of those releases a lot.

The older and slower I get, the more I like timed editions. Although it's fun to have stuff that is scarce/rare/low run, I don't really care about the limited factor that much (I collect lots of modern stuff that is printed in the thousands), so if I like the art or artist, I buy it.

One timed edition I missed was the Durieux Pulp Fiction...I completely forgot to order one. Procrastinated on buying it and it seems to sell for $450+ these days despite being a run of 2,566. I got one in the Black Friday sale a couple of years ago, but they oversold it by accident so cancelled my order (they sent me a pint glass and some stickers/handbills as an apology, which was nice of them).

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4097 on: December 17, 2020, 12:10:42 PM »
I haven't bought a Mondo in a while, but I went for this one this morning.  Kind of like last minute decision.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4098 on: December 18, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »
^that was a good last minute decision, T. This one will be very nice in hand as the monolith is this absolutely flat black (chromolux paper) which looks really good. One of those that will be much better than the digital image.

I have the first one, my cart glitched yesterday and I missed out on this one, I was a bit sad about it, but it's only paper!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4099 on: December 18, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »
Good to know.  Most of my purchases are last minute decisions, so I'm used to it.  90% of the time, I regret it.  We'll see.

T
My Personal Collection