Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1536679 times)

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3975 on: January 12, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
I kept F5ing for the Variant JP, but couldn't get it.  Wanted to get it for my son's room.  Not paying the flippers though.  C'est la vie. 
-Brian

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3976 on: January 12, 2017, 01:31:21 PM »
I kept F5ing for the Variant JP, but couldn't get it.  Wanted to get it for my son's room.  Not paying the flippers though.  C'est la vie.

Yes, they go fast.  Like 20 seconds or something.  And you're right not getting them from the scavengers.  If I cannot get something from the drop, I don't get it at all. 

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3977 on: February 22, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »
New Tyler Stout coming out tomorrow.
Follow Mondo’s Twitter for the on-sale announcement.

couple of variants...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3978 on: February 23, 2017, 08:45:40 AM »
Run of 750 on the regular, that is crazy high. Still will sell out in seconds, but that is way to many to go to market.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3979 on: February 23, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
Done and done.  No metal.  I hate metal.

T
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:32:20 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3980 on: February 26, 2017, 01:35:19 PM »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3981 on: March 13, 2017, 05:12:33 PM »
The new theater posters for Ghost in the Shell (2017) are pretty rad, as well as this one from Mondo/Alamo.  To be released sometime tomorrow:

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3982 on: March 13, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »
Passing.  Don't like it and 18x24in.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3983 on: March 14, 2017, 12:21:50 AM »
Passing.  Don't like it and 18x24in.

T

Do you only purchase prints above a certain size?

I think the design on this one is OK.  However, the theater posters are a lot more complex and captivating, IMO.  Looking forward to the movie.  8)

Check out these comments from the above Instagram post:

thatonecoolguy: How much yo?

pretentious_ditchdigger: @thatonecoolguy ask eBay. It'll be sold out in like 2 minutes.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3984 on: March 14, 2017, 01:07:12 AM »
I like her red eyes on this version, in the least case.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3985 on: March 14, 2017, 02:24:28 AM »
Do you only purchase prints above a certain size?

I think the design on this one is OK.  However, the theater posters are a lot more complex and captivating, IMO.  Looking forward to the movie.  8)

Check out these comments from the above Instagram post:

thatonecoolguy: How much yo?

pretentious_ditchdigger: @thatonecoolguy ask eBay. It'll be sold out in like 2 minutes.

24x36in is my favorite format.  18x24in is too small, imo.

And yes, Mondo is now famous enough to sell out of anything in seconds.  It doesn't matter how good or bad it is, people buy it.  Then the scavengers put it on Ebay for a few extra bucks.  I see some galleries delivering much better products than Mondo and never sell it.  It's sad.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3986 on: March 14, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »
Has anyone got one of the Stout posters for sale at a reasonable price. Missed at the drop and don't hold up much hope for the lottery. Just wondering.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3987 on: March 14, 2017, 11:06:58 AM »
I got both.  Got one at the drop and a friend got the other one.  Not my favorite Stout, but I collect him so I had to get them.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3988 on: March 14, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »

This one is somewhat interesting, the POV in the Witch's castle, snarling monkey etc.

Dale, who is the artist?

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3989 on: March 14, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
"Somewhat" being the key word here.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3990 on: March 14, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »
24x36in is my favorite format.  18x24in is too small, imo.

And yes, Mondo is now famous enough to sell out of anything in seconds.  It doesn't matter how good or bad it is, people buy it.  Then the scavengers put it on Ebay for a few extra bucks.  I see some galleries delivering much better products than Mondo and never sell it.  It's sad.

T

If I recall correctly, the 24x36" is somewhat the industry standard for prints, akin to the US one sheet for theater material.

I'd be interested to see the stuff from places other than Mondo. Which do you think are, at times, doing better work?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3991 on: March 14, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »
I like her red eyes on this version, in the least case.

+1.  The deep blue, and bright, almost glowing red are striking.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3992 on: March 14, 2017, 02:04:38 PM »
"Somewhat" being the key word here.

T

Margaret Hamilton could have been done better. On this, it looks like some generic witch. But I like the murky yellowish color of the mountainous background, which is instantly recognizable from the movie.

But a bit of a missed opportunity, imho.

-Jeff

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3993 on: March 14, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »
JC Richard. I like it.

And I agree, Bottleneck, Hero Complex and independent commissions are out pacing Mondo these days.

Also concur, 18x24 suck, I quit buying them altogether. Don't think you get your moneys worth for the size and frankly just not as nice to look at :)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3994 on: March 15, 2017, 08:13:50 AM »
I agree about Mondo these days. Only bought one poster this year from them and the one that I really wanted to score (Stouts evaded me during the drop). Hero Complex seem to be producing some really good stuff these days. Got these three in the recent exhibition from James Rheem Davis. Not Mondo but just posting them as an example of what is being produced else where.

Regular edition Hellraiser

variant edition (sorry about quality but until mine arrives this seems to be the only image available on the whole of the web.

Akira regular edition.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:15:18 AM by poster art »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3995 on: March 15, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
That Hellraiser is pretty cool. Me likes it.  cool1

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3996 on: April 10, 2017, 04:46:42 PM »
An impressive framed gallery, featuring a lot of works from Mondo.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-paW5Vlz9Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t-paW5Vlz9Y</a>

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3997 on: April 10, 2017, 05:05:28 PM »
Seriously?  You know it's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get again.  Thanks again ;)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3998 on: April 10, 2017, 05:54:10 PM »
Nothing like hanging framed pieces in the bathroom. He seems so careful with everything framed. How could he not worry about steam and moisture from the shower doing damage?  dontknow.gif

I give him credit, too. I could never live in place with that much on the all the walls.

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3999 on: April 10, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »
Seriously?  You know it's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get again.  Thanks again ;)

T

No problem. I figured you'd appreciate such an a masterfully curated, framed exhibit.

Nothing like hanging framed pieces in the bathroom. He seems so careful with everything framed. How could he not worry about steam and moisture from the shower doing damage?  dontknow.gif

I give him credit, too. I could never live in place with that much on the all the walls.

I only watched the first few minutes, but it appeared that the guy is clearly dedicated to covering as much space as possible with frames... high humidity bathroom, included, apparently.

It's kinda inspiring how enthused about this stuff some people are, to collect that much, create places like that, etc.