Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1533912 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3950 on: April 28, 2016, 11:06:01 AM »
Check out my little Jaws collection.  I like the fact that they're all so different.  I guess Jaws inspires.

T
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:17:45 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3951 on: April 28, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »
also, right when we start complaining about Mondo's poor output, they start releasing some good posters. Look at this Jaws poster from Matt Ryan Tobin.

Wow, I missed the 'teeth' the first time I saw this. Pretty cool.

Check out my little Jaws collection.  I like the fact that they're all so different.  I guess Jaws inspires.

T

Not a fan of the Moreno with Brody in the crow's nest?

That's the only one I have so far.
Still need the Beach Open and Beach Closed for my Kevin Wilson collection and that Chum Chart is always great to look at.
Witty signature goes here.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3952 on: April 28, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »
That last one is actually not bad.  I thought of getting it when it came out, and ended up passing.  Can't remember why.  It's nice.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline JCM

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3953 on: April 28, 2016, 07:44:40 PM »
eatbrie, what is the 4th one (from the left) in your photo string of Jaws posters?

guest4784

« Reply #3954 on: April 28, 2016, 10:43:38 PM »
I thought there was too many Jaws posters, but each one of those posters is a bit different from the other. great collection of Jaws posters!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3955 on: April 28, 2016, 11:06:32 PM »
eatbrie, what is the 4th one (from the left) in your photo string of Jaws posters?

Check my collections of prints.  They are all in alphabetical order.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4784

« Reply #3956 on: May 02, 2016, 01:33:26 AM »
Check my collections of prints.  They are all in alphabetical order.

T

^^Show off.  ;) ;)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3957 on: May 27, 2016, 08:16:41 PM »
A couple goodies from yesterday's drop.  I like them a lot.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3958 on: May 30, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »
Nice ones Thierry, I like all the action going on in the first one; it's like a diorama  thumbsup.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3959 on: July 23, 2016, 02:12:52 PM »
Bought only 2 prints from Mondo at SDCC.  Let's see what today has in store.

T
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:13:58 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

guest4784

« Reply #3960 on: August 07, 2016, 12:08:45 PM »
I was very disappointed with the Mondo posters at SDCC this year. The Ant-Man and this Jurassic World poster are my favorites.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3961 on: August 08, 2016, 01:40:23 AM »
The Jurassic is very cool in person.

I forget what I got now, but I think I'd agree with you.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3962 on: August 11, 2016, 04:05:38 PM »
I really like the latest additions to the Terrence Malick series that dropped on the Mondo site today. Great looking designs for films I love

The Tree of Life by Tomer Hanuka

Days of Heaven by Laurent Durieux

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3963 on: August 11, 2016, 06:00:21 PM »
I got the Days of Heaven variant.  The only one that I wanted.  I am not homophobic, but two men touching each other under water doesn't appeal to me.   eyeroll

The pastel colors are nice, though.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3964 on: October 17, 2016, 07:57:07 PM »
Just in time for Halloween, Mondo has this cool NOES by Matt Ryan Tobin.
On sale tomorrow -- Tuesday, October 18, 2016 -- at a random time.
Follow Twitter (http://mondotees.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=bbb7f7cd76c446096ce10efb2&id=2b5b0d24e0&e=28a83eff87) for the on sale announcement.

dancingalien.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3965 on: October 18, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »
Got them both a few days ago.  Not 100% sure about them, though.  I'll have to see them in person.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3966 on: November 01, 2016, 02:57:54 PM »
A few new ones...  I actually got 5 or 6 prints, but I don't have them in hand yet.

I truly love this one.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3967 on: November 18, 2016, 08:14:54 AM »
^^Show off.  ;) ;)

Not been on the forum for a while and I come back to this!! Argghh!! Insanely jealous. Seriously though, that is a fab collection, must be one of the best collection of Mondo stuff too. I used to have 100's of them too but over the last couple of years I sold a lot  and I don't have what I have on line (apart from in facebook albums). I could do with a little web page like this to put mine up. (any tips on doing this welcome!!).

In the mean time though here is my stout collection on Pinterest if anyone can view it. (lots of early ISO's missing - still cannot afford the Blade Runner and the like).

https://uk.pinterest.com/johnkino/tyler-stout-poster-art/

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3968 on: November 18, 2016, 08:28:45 AM »
Two of my latest screen prints, not sure why I got the poodle as well - probably could have done with just one of these.

Not too sure what I am not doing right. I uploaded two posters (jpgs) but I can only see one of them. Mods  am I doing it wrong? Can you advise?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:31:05 AM by poster art »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3969 on: November 18, 2016, 12:56:39 PM »
Hey P.A.

I notice on both your image files, it gives the size of each in kilobites. The image that shows in your post is 416kb. The poodle variant indicates that it is 0 kb so there seemingly is nothing there. I even clicked and downloaded the file to check that way. The jpg icon that downloaded to my desktop also showed zero kb, as far as file size, and nothing opened.

I would just say to try doing it again. Keep us posted.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3970 on: November 18, 2016, 05:13:22 PM »
Seriously though, that is a fab collection, must be one of the best collection of Mondo stuff too.

https://uk.pinterest.com/johnkino/tyler-stout-poster-art/

Are you talking about my collection?  I think the "show off" was addressed to me.  If so, thanks.  Yeah, it's a work in progress, even though I've slowed down a lot.  Most of the stuff out there doesn't interest me anymore.  There is too much.  When I started collecting prints, around 2008, Mondo was it.  Now everybody is doing it and the output is poor.  The old masters (;)), Ansin, Stout, Moss are not as productive as they used to and what they deliver is not as good (I'm talking to you, Martin).   I still buy a few things, some of which I have posted here, but except for a few rare pieces, like Durieux' beautiful Days of Heaven var., A Clockwork Orange var., or Tobin's Jaws var. (my fav by far) nothing too exciting.

T
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 05:15:53 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3971 on: November 19, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »
Are you talking about my collection?  I think the "show off" was addressed to me.  If so, thanks.  Yeah, it's a work in progress, even though I've slowed down a lot.  Most of the stuff out there doesn't interest me anymore.  There is too much.  When I started collecting prints, around 2008, Mondo was it.  Now everybody is doing it and the output is poor.  The old masters (;)), Ansin, Stout, Moss are not as productive as they used to and what they deliver is not as good (I'm talking to you, Martin).   I still buy a few things, some of which I have posted here, but except for a few rare pieces, like Durieux' beautiful Days of Heaven var., A Clockwork Orange var., or Tobin's Jaws var. (my fav by far) nothing too exciting.
T

I agree with you there all the way. I have been collecting screen prints from late 2009 and on last count I had 235 mondo prints and about 250 movie screen prints from other sources like Castro Theatre (O'daniel), Cinema Overdrive and other indie stuff, but I have also slowed down a lot this year and I have probably only bought about 5 Mondo posters all year - their stuff is just not been doing it for me this year. It's a shame, especially as Mondo got me into it - and now getting me out of it! I now only really collect still Stouts, the odd Ansin (when he brings one out I like) and L Duriex . I think Bottleneck have been doing better stuff this year - especially with Stout stuff. Love the recent Fantastic Mr Fox they did.

FYI, the first few Mondo prints I bought was Stout's "Hell Ride", Tomer Hanuka's "Warrior", Basket Case designed by Alex Pardee and IRON MAN 2 -  by Mike Saputo (and all if I remember rightly was hanging around on Mondo page for ages). I just missed out on the early Stout stuff (my big ISO's) like Blade Runner, BTILC ,Big Lebowski etc.(maybe one day when I'm rich i will be able to afford them!!).

I've sold over the last couple of years about a third of my Mondo collection and gonna sell a chunk more yet.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:34:06 PM by poster art »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3972 on: December 16, 2016, 12:30:35 AM »
Got a couple new prints by Kevin Tong this morning...

T
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:31:43 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3973 on: December 19, 2016, 03:27:24 AM »
Dammit T! Try as I might, I could not get that Cloud City Duel. Congrats!
Witty signature goes here.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3974 on: January 12, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »
I'm a sucker for all things JP, so I couldn't pass on these 2 Mondos this morning.  The 2nd one is glow-in-the-dark.

T
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:01:03 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection