Graphic and Fine Art Posters > General Discussion

Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update

(1/826) > >>

Carson:
The Alamo Drafthouse Theater surfaced in Austin, TX while I was attending school there around '97. The original downtown location was a discount "dollar theater" showing second run movies. A few years later a second Alamo Drafthouse location was opened showing first run movies and the original, downtown location soon became legend re-screening every cult classic imaginable. The Alamo Drafthouse posters commissioned to advertise these re-screenings have added a lot of fun and color to collecting.

Which have you collected? Let us know which one's you're liking and passing on and any news of new upcoming Alamo Drafthouse designs!

edit: and to Varmit I extend my full apology for my involvement in the move of the original thread and your words there-in; may this one shine bright free from obscurity forever :)

Cj:
Well, I will start with my Alamo collection in this thread.

Here it is: http://www.moviepostermadness.com/Movie_Poster_Madness/Alamo_Drafthouse.html

I started collecting these very late in the game after the Big Trouble Little China posters were sold out. Then, they did not sell out quickly. I think my first purchase was Spaced, Last Night at the Alamo, Escape from Alcatraz and Fantastic Fest 2006. I would love to add a lot of Stout's older pieces to my collection and wish I was more aware of them when they were released. In the end, it is because of your 1st thread started over at MPF that got me into them.

Cj

eatbrie:
Very nice collection, CJ.  It's especially nice since I have pretty the same collection.  I hate it when I see posters that I really want on other people's collections.

It's interesting that some Alamo posters sell in a matter of seconds, while others sit on the site forever... like Suspiria, Tremors, Basket Case and now, maybe, Tan's Warriors.  Meanwhile Tyler, well, we all know about Tyler...

Thierry

theartofmovieposters:
Hey Carson,

Though I'm sure you already know, it was specific to that thread...had he moved any previously public thread to the private section would have felt the same.

Apology accepted :)

eatbrie:
For those of you interested, Ves still has a bunch of Alamo posters for sale... minus the ones that I've already bought from her.

Check out her site.

http://www.theartofmovieposters.com/

Thierry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version