Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

May 2022

<< < (4/4)

Tob:
That’s cool, steve5635. King Ghidorah is one of my favourite monsters.

Congrats on such a gorgeous poster, Antonine! A classic.

Mardukas:
I bought this rolled quad for the 1960s BBC film The War Game at a local used bookstore - the store owner said he had acquired it, along with two other copies, from the estate of celebrated designer Romek Marber, who was responsible for this poster. My copy has a few flaws, including a closed tear in the middle of the image, but I thought it was unusal enough to pick up regardless. It was also a lot cheaper than the other two, apparently, which had already been sold before my visit, and which I assume were in better condition.

Marber died in 2020 and is best known for his ground-breaking work for Penguin paperback books.

Incidentally, the film was highly controversial in its day - the BBC refused to rebroadcast it for years (hence the theatrical release) and it even won best documentary at the Oscars, despite being a work of fiction. The Academy changed the rules for the category after that!

Tob:
^interesting one, I'd not heard of the film, it sounds fascinating (and bleak!). Will try and have a watch of it.

Undead:
R1970 Throne of Blood 47"x71", roughly the size of a US three sheet. Not often I say this but I am not sure how I feel about this buy.

ladeda:

--- Quote from: Undead on May 22, 2022, 05:22:47 PM ---Not often I say this but I am not sure how I feel about this buy.

--- End quote ---

Why so?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version