Author Topic: Lobby Cards  (Read 897 times)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
Lobby Cards
« on: April 10, 2022, 01:40:34 PM »
Hi, I've never collected lobby cards before and noticed some for sale online, Are lobby cards printed on thicker paper? Are these authentic? Thanks!

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
Re: Lobby Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 03:54:24 PM »
Yes, lobby cards are printed on card. All the sets I've seen for Chamber of Secrets though have a white border so I'm not sure about these ones.

Mark

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 11:59:40 PM »
Cool yup the seller claims it's printed on thicker paper and is original movie merch. There is a white border around the image sorry must have cropped it too much. Thanks for the help!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 01:02:57 AM »
I didn't know that I had this one, but I checked my website and I do :)  So here's an original set if that helps.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 02:22:08 AM »
That full set looks so good! Is there any signs to spot fakes? Or is their even fake lobby cards?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 07:07:35 PM »
Yes there are.  I'm not very good at this, I would stop it immediately if I saw it, but I'm not very good at explaining it.  There is something called minty white lobby cards, which I guess means that the back side is too white to be authentic.  Obviously all lobby cards back sides are white, but not that white.  Maybe someone else can explain.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 12:35:45 AM »
Ahh ok got it, thanks for the info would look out for the color on the cards! I'll just buy 4 first then check on them before investing in the full set. Appreciate all the help!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 04:25:43 AM »
Yes, after that it's just a matter of personal preference.  I personally do not collect incomplete sets, I do not have the time, patience or interest for chasing missing cards.  I also collect newer stuff, 1950s and up mostly, as older 20s to 40s cards do not interest me.  Most incomplete sets are pre 50s.  Finally, I hate pinholes in cards, so that's something to think about.  All collectors are different.

What you could do if you want to stick to modern cards (post 80s) is buy a cheap set no one cares about (therefore original) and compare its backside to all your future purchases.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 11:06:59 AM »
Ah yes, that's a good idea I do need a set to compare them with, Thanks!