Author Topic: What if you die tomorrow.  (Read 6147 times)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: What if you die tomorrow.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2022, 10:58:43 AM »
I have an ethical issue with the amount of money they pocket.  As a buyer, it's fine, but as a seller, 20%+20% is just outrageous to me. 

What do you think the ethical cap should be on a percentage?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2022, 12:15:41 PM »
Not almost half, that’s for sure.  Look, I have sold stuff (not posters) at Sotheby’s and Christie’s and never paid more than 22%, sometimes less.  So 40% is not something I can do.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 12:39:39 PM »
Not almost half, that’s for sure.  Look, I have sold stuff (not posters) at Sotheby’s and Christie’s and never paid more than 22%, sometimes less.  So 40% is not something I can do.

Which is strange, since both Sotheby's and Christie's have a minimum 25% BP on their auctions and also have a seller's premium.
Do you feel Bruce is unethical on a majority of his sales (since he charges 40% on everything that sells for less than $40)?
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2022, 01:17:42 PM »
Strange to you maybe, not strange to me.

And no, I take zero issue with someone overcharging on lesser objects, since the work to photograph and advertise said objects is the same than for more expensive object.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2022, 04:43:51 PM »
Strange to you maybe, not strange to me.

It seems obvious that you have worked out a special fee percentage with Sotheby's/Christie's when selling other items.
Why wouldn't you approach Grey about something similar for your posters?

I guess the strange part is that you don't condemn Sotheby's and Christie's for having a higher base fee than Heritage since you personally have a different percentage you pay, no worries about the ethical policies there I guess.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline joemehmet

• Beginner
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2022, 02:58:47 PM »
my collections gonna be handed down to my nephews and nieces (don't have children just in case anyone asked) can't bear to see them sold so they can do anything they want with them once I'm gone..