Author Topic: Authentication of Dune Advance poster (1984)  (Read 2221 times)

Offline thelanranger

• Beginner
Authentication of Dune Advance poster (1984)
« on: December 02, 2021, 10:12:51 AM »
Hi, I got a copy of a Dune Advance poster and I wanted to get a second opinion on it. I have reasons to suspect the authenticity but I don't have as much experience with counterfeit items as others.
The couple things that made me suspicious are the 'clear coat' over the whole thing that looks like a modern UV coating. You can see the line from that on the upper edge (where the paper is white and the clear coat is slightly a different color as it didn't go to the edge). It also has that "ink smell" to it vs that "musty paper" smell which just implied to me that it was really new.
I don't really have enough posters of this era to properly compare so I was hoping that people who have more experience with this than I could take a look at it and give me some help. The images with the circles are through a loop to show the printing up close. (Note that the loop has a slight green tint to it so that's why they have a slight green tint.)

Thanks!

Images in JPG and unaltered RAW
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pL1Ndj0n5ZafTQgKDqgyvcjy0sA9NJSA?usp=sharing