Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 49889 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2021, 11:05:00 AM »
Ha, that's a good question.  Without a doubt, finding.  Once I receive a poster, I get it out of its box/tube, snap a quick picture of it and file it immediately.  It's usually in a flat file or in its tube the day of.  I hate clutter, so that's the only way to do it for me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2022, 06:52:13 PM »
Something that made me smile.

I was at the coffee place where I go to every morning with my dog and I was chitchatting with one of the baristas there.  She's 25, going to law school and a big movie person.  In fact, she told me that some of her favorite movies were from the French New Wave and she particularly liked the 300 Blows.  I said, the 400 Blows?  She laughed and I told her that I collect movie posters and happen to have a French poster for the title.  I showed it to her and when she read the name of my website, she was like OMG, you're the one? and waved one of her co-workers over.  Now, I don't advertise my website much, mostly on here, never on social media, because I don't sell, which is what people are most interested in.  She went on to say that she took a cinema history class at USC and that her teacher showed the 100 or so in attendance a bunch of posters from my website by projecting them on a big screen.  That made me smile and I thought I'd share.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #327 on: April 22, 2022, 09:47:46 AM »
Something that made me smile.

I was at the coffee place where I go to every morning with my dog and I was chitchatting with one of the baristas there.  She's 25, going to law school and a big movie person.  In fact, she told me that some of her favorite movies were from the French New Wave and she particularly liked the 300 Blows.  I said, the 400 Blows?  She laughed and I told her that I collect movie posters and happen to have a French poster for the title.  I showed it to her and when she read the name of my website, she was like OMG, you're the one? and waved one of her co-workers over.  Now, I don't advertise my website much, mostly on here, never on social media, because I don't sell, which is what people are most interested in.  She went on to say that she took a cinema history class at USC and that her teacher showed the 100 or so in attendance a bunch of posters from my website by projecting them on a big screen.  That made me smile and I thought I'd share.

T

Cool! Always good when you hear from folk outside our collector bubble. That cinema history class sounds good fun.

Your website is in my browser's favourites and I check it regularly, always a pleasure to see what new bits you've added. It's also a very useful resource for when I'm trying to check the differences between designs or do a bit of research on a poster. 

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #328 on: April 22, 2022, 11:48:29 AM »
Agreed, that's a great story. I also regularly check your site, maybe you should start charging a subscription!?!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #329 on: April 22, 2022, 01:36:54 PM »
I'll tell you, this website was never intended to be anything, just for me to check my collection since everything is tucked away.  And then it got more and more visitors, not a lot, like 50/day, but more than I ever thought.  So to hear that it was used at USC was a treat.  And then to hear that you guys visit it doubles the treat :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #330 on: April 22, 2022, 08:33:27 PM »
That is very cool indeed!
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2022, 11:29:47 PM »
That's awesome  :D!