Author Topic: Kine Weekly Trade Adds  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
Kine Weekly Trade Adds
« on: November 29, 2021, 06:46:12 AM »
After mentioning these in another post a few weeks back I thought I’d post a few pics of trade adds from Kine Weekly to represent the micro end of the field (although I’m sure movie posters have made it onto postage stamps!). As a rule I’d rather see this sort of thing remain in the actual magazine but I had no idea what they were when I got them.

Jon

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Kine Weekly Trade Adds
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 08:24:38 PM »
Thanks for posting these trade ads, Jon.  It's a nice reminder of some of the beautiful work done for publication and sometimes with more interesting art/design than the posters. Also, I had to smile at Roddy McDowall in Big Timber.  I never thought of McDowall as tough, though his biography says his father was a merchant seaman and that certainly was hard work.  Best, Okie

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 10:55:45 AM »
Glad they were of interest Okie. Been thinking about picking up some complete magazines. Seems to be a few floating about on ebay. I reckon they’d be a fascinating insight into the industry of the time.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 12:31:47 PM »
Pelham, Yeah, I think you would be wise to grab those complete magazines when you can at the right price.  Such cool images.  Okie

Glad they were of interest Okie. Been thinking about picking up some complete magazines. Seems to be a few floating about on ebay. I reckon they’d be a fascinating insight into the industry of the time.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 02:14:29 PM by okiehawker »

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 09:09:04 AM »
Kine are a great source of information as to when a particular release came out.

They've helped me numerous times when I see posters being advertised with an incorrect date.

Case in point: Ewbanks auctions have a Snow White quad which they have lazily identified as 50s. It was in fact released in 1964.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 01:33:49 PM »

And here's the Quad from that same trade ad...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 02:16:33 PM »
What a great poster. Nice to make the comparison. Thanks for posting Paul.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 02:30:27 PM »
re lazy Ewbanks, they didn't know this was a trade advert
https://tinyurl.com/z7etvdz2
i would have been all over it if it wasn't on linen. the almost 40% fees meant they could definetely feck off though!

i got a bundle of trade ads last week for £10. included was this early Michael Powell from 1939
there was also a double page Carole Lombard so not sure why i was the only bidder

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 02:23:49 PM »
Great artwork on that trade ad for The Spy In Black. Sounds likes a good haul. Cheers for posting.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 02:26:26 PM »
The incredible Conrad Veidt!  Thanks for posting, Redman.  What else might be in that bundle?  Okie

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 11:36:37 AM »
found these on my camera

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 11:40:48 AM »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 11:57:13 PM »
That's the best pinup image I've seen of Jean Arthur, Redman!  It's also very good to be reminded of Don Ameche's leading man status when he was young.  What great laughing smiles of Ginger Rogers and Fairbanks Jr., too.  These trade ads are sure fun to see.  Okie
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:58:23 PM by okiehawker »