Movie Posters > Posters By Size

Kine Weekly Trade Adds

(1/3) > >>

Pelham:
After mentioning these in another post a few weeks back I thought I’d post a few pics of trade adds from Kine Weekly to represent the micro end of the field (although I’m sure movie posters have made it onto postage stamps!). As a rule I’d rather see this sort of thing remain in the actual magazine but I had no idea what they were when I got them.

Jon

okiehawker:
Thanks for posting these trade ads, Jon.  It's a nice reminder of some of the beautiful work done for publication and sometimes with more interesting art/design than the posters. Also, I had to smile at Roddy McDowall in Big Timber.  I never thought of McDowall as tough, though his biography says his father was a merchant seaman and that certainly was hard work.  Best, Okie

Pelham:
Glad they were of interest Okie. Been thinking about picking up some complete magazines. Seems to be a few floating about on ebay. I reckon they’d be a fascinating insight into the industry of the time.

okiehawker:
Pelham, Yeah, I think you would be wise to grab those complete magazines when you can at the right price.  Such cool images.  Okie

--- Quote from: Pelham on December 01, 2021, 10:55:45 AM ---Glad they were of interest Okie. Been thinking about picking up some complete magazines. Seems to be a few floating about on ebay. I reckon they’d be a fascinating insight into the industry of the time.

--- End quote ---

timelessmoviemagic:
Kine are a great source of information as to when a particular release came out.

They've helped me numerous times when I see posters being advertised with an incorrect date.

Case in point: Ewbanks auctions have a Snow White quad which they have lazily identified as 50s. It was in fact released in 1964.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version