Author Topic: WANTED: Dune international style C - black style  (Read 3004 times)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
WANTED: Dune international style C - black style
« on: November 07, 2021, 11:26:03 PM »
Had tons of stuff going on and didn't pay close enough attention. Everytime I asked about this poster people were out of stock and waiting for more. Forget to inquire for a couple weeks and now everyone's f'ing sold out.

Anyone got this one?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 02:29:49 AM by dsonesheets »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: WANTED: Dune international style C - black style
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 11:47:13 PM »
What is that?  Do you have a picture?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 02:32:15 AM »
Thanks for adding that bit of common sense to the inquiry, which I was obviously missing. Had just spent the last two hours searching for this style; it was as much a rant as it was an query lol. See pic in post #1.

BTW looking to at least get one copy, two if I'm lucky enough to even be offered two.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 02:33:55 AM by dsonesheets »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 07:23:43 PM »
Strange that it suddenly disappeared.  I bought mine a while back and didn't think twice about it.

This one seems difficult to find too.

I don't understand what is happening with new posters since Covid.  Some are impossible to find, some seem to have a handful printed, others are all over the place.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 07:13:59 AM »
I don't understand what is happening with new posters since Covid.  Some are impossible to find, some seem to have a handful printed, others are all over the place.

T

Like that Bond one I have just posted in the Wanted section too.  Only ever seen one, count 'em, one, copy.  Dunno!

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 01:43:52 PM »
So in my search for this poster, I think I just found a new contact/dealer/obsessive poster collector in Asia, and he's got me down for 5 to 10 copies depending on what my paycheck looks like this week.

Also, I heard a rumor that this black style (style "C" is apparently what they're calling it) was only available to people preordering their ticket to go see it in theaters. Don't know if that's true or not.

Also going to ask him about that blue No Time To Die, Simes. Maybe he can get it. If so I'll let you know.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 04:27:14 PM »
Good.  I didn't think it was that rare.  But 10 copies???  You must really love it haha.  Don't take me wrong, I own 2-3 copies of many of my posters, but 10?  You might own the market.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 10:03:15 PM »
True, that's actually said that's all he'd be getting, and it sounded like this may be his last restock as well.  I've only really committed to five, don't know what the end order will be.

Also this is a Part 1 of 2, so when Part 2 releases, I think the Part 1 onesheets are going to keep their value. Also getting Part 1 onesheets in December 2023 is gonna be difficult. Finally most dealers I've talked to will not be getting a restock on this particular style (which is the best looking in my opinion).

BTW the film is insanely good. I saw it twice in IMAX before it left, and I was blown away. That's on top of it being one of the few sci-fi franchises that I reread every year or two (only the original books from Frank, not the meh releases from his son). The other being William Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy and Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

I am also giving a couple for Christmas presents this year.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 03:49:33 PM »
I think it is a movie that must be watched in theaters, but I do not intend to go back there any time soon.  I tried to watch in on TV but I fell asleep twice.  I'm half way thru though... yeah!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 05:34:51 PM »
I saw it on a big screen (incidentally this was my first time back in a theater since the pandemic hit NYC), and I absolutely loved it.  It's the kind of large-scale yet deliberately slow-paced movie that plays best in a theater, so I would also recommend seeing it that way instead of watching it on HBO Max which doesn't quite do it justice.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 10:51:12 PM »
I am sooooooooo not ready to go back to theaters.  We just got our 7 year old twins their first round of Pfizer, but we still have a 3 year old at home and I am extremely careful.  Hopefully sometimes next year.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 07:47:24 PM »
I loved it too and agree it's definitely better to see it at the cinema if you can do so safely (luckily, my local is very quiet if you wait a week or two after release and go in the evening).

On a related note - this book of storyboards and designs for Jodorowsky's version of Dune, with art by Moebius, HR Giger and Chris Foss, sold for 2.6m Euros yesterday at Christies

https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-6345488

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »
Just a tad above the estimate  faint2.gif

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 04:57:24 PM »
Just a tad above the estimate  faint2.gif

Yeah! I think I read that Christies admitted that they hadn't anticipated the extra interest due to the Villeneuve film...that's quite the bounce!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 06:06:54 PM »
Too bad Léa Seydoux could not profit from her family ventures hahaha

T
My Personal Collection

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 05:52:39 PM »
BTW Dune is back in IMAX for one week only, just saw it this morning @ 10:30am. I was one of five people in a proper IMAX auditorium (not retrofitted IMAX Lite like at AMC theaters).

Mind Blown Again.

ALSO!! The Matrix got an IMAX conversion and I'll be seeing it on both Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Cannot freaking wait. Two screenings only, but this has never been on an IMAX screen, although Reloaded and Revolutions did. Nostalgia fact - Denver, Colorado premiered Revolutions at 7:00am MT as it was a synched worldwide release. CT was at 8:00am and so on. Kinda wild lining up at four in the morning, but everyone was stoked.