Author Topic: Raiders of the Lost Ark French 1p “grande” authenticity?  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Thekees

• Beginner
Raiders of the Lost Ark French 1p “grande” authenticity?
« on: October 13, 2021, 09:47:12 AM »
Hi, apologies if I’m doing this all wrong, still aquatinting myself with this site. I recently posted my Raiders 1p on Facebook, and got a message from from a respected member of this forum about its authenticity, while i trust his judgment, other people i respect in this space have also said it’s genuine, even found one example on emovieposters, but only one in a sea of what would be considered genuine. Wondering on anyone else's opinions or if there are any experts that can give any guidance. Also if any experts wouldn’t mind taking a look at this Temple door panel. Thank you

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark French 1p “grande” authenticity?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 03:50:51 AM »
Oh my...  Both are reproductions.  But if you really need more proof, on the large Raiders poster, there is a phone number for Sonis.  1 69 28 01 31.  8 digits phone numbers did not start in France until 1985.  The pantalon's Sonis logo is also a clear give away.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Thekees

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 03:34:27 PM »
Thanks T,

As I said I very much respected your feedback on FB, I guess I was clutching at straws and wanted to open it up to a larger audience... even if it was everyone shouting repro!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 12:33:52 AM »
I don't have feedback except to say that if Thierry is telling you, then that is probably your answer.  He is French (by birth anyway), and has probably had his hands on more French movie material than anyone save for dealers.  And, no doubt a good bit more than some of those.  Sorry to be the bearer, or confirmator, of what you didn't want to hear.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 06:38:19 AM »
Thanks Schan, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I see something that I know is wrong, I must say it.  After that, people are free to believe what they want to believe.  All you can do is inform.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »
Thanks Schan, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I see something that I know is wrong, I must say it. 

thumbsup.gif It is the only way to do right by people.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 06:14:49 PM »
Oh my...  Both are reproductions.  But if you really need more proof, on the large Raiders poster, there is a phone number for Sonis.  1 69 28 01 31.  8 digits phone numbers did not start in France until 1985.  The pantalon's Sonis logo is also a clear give away.

T

So then are they simply reissues, and not repros?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,