Author Topic: The Great Race (La Grande Course) 1965 poster authentification?  (Read 2359 times)

Offline ngher

• Beginner
The Great Race (La Grande Course) 1965 poster authentification?
« on: October 20, 2021, 08:30:55 PM »
Hi All,
I'm hoping to get some advice on the following poster which I purchased a few years ago. It's a 120x160cm French poster from from the 1965 film 'The Great Race' which featured heavily in my childhood. I'm hoping to have some work done to it before framing for display, but given the costs I wanted to get some thoughts on its authenticity as an original poster from the Movie's original release. I'm very much a rookie here, so any thoughts and advice are most welcome.

Thanks!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: The Great Race (La Grande Course) 1965 poster authentification?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 01:09:43 AM »
Yes, you're totally fine.  Totally authentic and in great shape.

What kind of work is about to be done?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ngher

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 04:02:10 AM »
Great. Thanks for the quick response! I'm looking at getting it linen backed and having some minor touchups done on the frayed edges and any small holes.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 11:27:37 AM »
This is a fairly cheap poster and it will cost you much more than its value to have it linenbacked.  I know some people take issues with folds, something I do not understand, but we're all different.  Do they bother you that much?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ngher

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 06:40:47 PM »
I'm not necessarily looking to add/retain value, as in this case it is more sentimental. I'm mainly looking to make it look as good as possible for display in my house. I'm certainly open to suggestions on other, cheaper ways that this could be achieved!