Author Topic: October 2021  (Read 6981 times)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
October 2021
« on: October 02, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »
Bought these last month but only received them today.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: October 2021
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 03:19:26 PM »
Wow!  As always, Antoine knocks it out of the ballpark.  Amazing selection!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 09:43:51 AM »
Great selection, Antoine! Especially in this month of Halloween. La Vampira Nuda is my favourite, wonderful artwork.

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:23:39 PM »
Great stuff Antoine. I was wondering who ended up with Jungle Woman, that's the only size I don't have on the film and was debating whether to go higher or not. Congrats
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 11:15:18 PM »
Thanks Thierry!

Tob, I already have the French poster for Nude Vampire, with the original Druillet art that this Italian 4F adapted.  TBH, I'm not sure which version I like best, they're both quite striking.

Crowzilla, sorry to hear we were both bidding on that massive Jungle Woman.  I hadn't come across a 6-sheet for that title before so I went all in, as I can't seem to resist rarities these days.

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 02:44:44 AM »
Great posters Antoine.On the topic of Halloween,the following two are just from commercial films but I thought I would just share them.
v1 by angel flyover,venom carnage on Flickr
h1 by angel flyover, Halloween kills on Flickr
I have always like characters posters but I just hope these Dune character posters will show more instead of just close up of the faces,but movies are just beginning to re-pick up so should not complain.These are Asian one sheets.
d1 by angel flyover, on Flickr
d2 by angel flyover, on Flickr
dune 3 by angel flyover, on Flickr
d4 by angel flyover, on Flickr
d5 by angel flyover, on Flickr
d6 by angel flyover, on Flickr

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 04:30:05 AM »
Nice posters. Can't beat a character set, even if it is just head shots.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:31:58 AM by skyjackers »

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 03:00:07 AM »
Thank you,you are right :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 10:26:38 AM »
I like that Venom!  Pretty cool.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 01:15:25 AM »
Fully agreed,it is quite cool.Just in,simple,but I like it,hope I can remove the sticker without damage to the poster.
mt by angel flyover, on Flickr

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 01:18:09 AM »
Personal taste, of course, but I kinda hate all the Matrix posters, even though I own a few.  I find them so bland.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 02:20:42 AM »
Yes agree,most design featured the green and black source code rain or green or black coloured characters.

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 02:14:14 PM »
Fully agreed,it is quite cool.Just in,simple,but I like it,hope I can remove the sticker without damage to the poster.
mt by angel flyover, on Flickr

Although it hasn't arrived yet, I just snagged this one off the bay!

And after waiting for 4 months, I snagged this for $25.  :-D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 04:54:29 AM »
Nice John wick poster!!!  Congrats!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2021, 02:48:44 PM »
Nice stuff. Would love to see that John Wick done as a lenticular.

Hasn't even been shipped yet but what the heck, kind of happy about this one, another unicorn. Not mint but with only three to ever hitting auction, including this one, I will not complain at all.

Yojimbo - 1961 - one sheet

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 04:45:28 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »
Nice one, I saw Jason advertising that Yojimbo and took a shine to it. Congrats.

$25 for the John Wick is a nice price! Good score 👍

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2021, 11:24:00 PM »
Nice one, I saw Jason advertising that Yojimbo and took a shine to it. Congrats.

$25 for the John Wick is a nice price! Good score 👍

I setup eBay alerts and waited for months while jokers tried to sell there's for $200-300.  It's just not worth that.  Maybe $100-150 in mint condition.  And it's only recent spiked in value if you use EmoviePoster as a point of reference.  All things come to those who wait :-D

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 04:04:13 PM »
Wow didn't realise John Wick had shot up in value that much, I bought mine off EM for about 8 bucks few years ago. Not that I'd sell it as it's  bed1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 06:04:59 PM »
I setup eBay alerts and waited for months while jokers tried to sell there's for $200-300.  It's just not worth that.  Maybe $100-150 in mint condition.  And it's only recent spiked in value if you use EmoviePoster as a point of reference.  All things come to those who wait :-D

It happens all the time.  Back to the Future for instance.  That poster is worth $50 at most.  So many of them around.  Yet they sell for $500+ (????)  So every time I see one that seems like a good deal, I buy it.  Ans now I have 7 of them.  At the end of the day, all these posters are cheap and if you wait long enough, you'll get them at the right price.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 09:45:36 PM »

There are lots of John Wick fanboys.  It is one of just a few modern posters with a good market outside of poster collectors.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2021, 06:32:37 AM »
To continue the John Wick theme, he is an Australian one-sheet for Part 2 I received this week.

Presumably an homage to this Harold Lloyd photo

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:35:08 AM by Tob »

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 08:38:20 AM »
I'm digging up this post but I haven't had time to post before.

I bought these posters in October, but I received them only at the beginning of February, because of slow processing of bank transfers, holidays etc...

Minor movies but I find the posters sympathetic.

The very beautiful poster of the Beast with 1000000 Eyes
I saw this movie, but like many Corman's horror/scifi movies, it was not really good for my taste (like Not of this earth, monster of the haunted sea, attack of the crab monsters…). On the other hand, I'm a fan of Corman's 'gothic' movies.

The poster for 'Down to Earth'
I really like this portrait of Rita Hayworth, although I much prefer movies like Lady from Shanghai (my favorite movie with Hayworth), a movie with F. Astaire (don't remember title) or Gilda (but these posters are unaffordable for me, especially the French 'Gilda' two panels which I find superb)

And the Calcutta poster with Alan Ladd and the beautiful Gail Russell (tragic end, like Ladd's previous partner, Veronica Lake).
Waiting to find the posters for the Glass Key and The Blue Dahlia (I don't have large deep pockets for 'This Gun for Hire' 1sheet, nor even the French poster…)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 08:40:06 AM by AnthonyFR »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 09:22:34 AM »
Three FOLDED posters :)  Love it!  Especially Down to Earth.  Very nice!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 10:31:07 AM »
Great pick-ups Anthony, congrats!  Love Gail Russell in her first role in the great haunted house movie The Uninvited from 1944, and I've always wanted to check out Calcutta even though I hear the flick itself is a bit disappointing. The posters for that title are great, especially the 6-sheet.

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2022, 01:26:49 PM »
Yes, now, always folded posters ;-) (at least I try)
Well, on the other hand, it's more and more complicated... On the next Heritage major auction, there are too many linenbacked posters

I just watched the 6 sheet of Calcutta, indeed it's superb!! The colors seem gorgeous and the portraits really beautiful!
Many 6 sheets are superb (this is the case with Laura) but it must be difficult to find a folded poster, and shipping a linenbacked 6Sheet to France must cost an arm and a leg... (for this format I'm ready to buy linen.)

The Uninvited movie was excellent, I have the large French poster quite easy to find, and I would like to find an unrestaured US 1sheet poster (one of the two half sheet models is not bad too)