Author Topic: Just saying hi!  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
Just saying hi!
« on: October 25, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
Hi there, I’m collecting smaller posters like Belgian or Locandina. Mostly collecting for nostalgia but also a sucker for a great font! Good to meet you all.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
Re: Just saying hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 08:59:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

You'll find a ton of knowledge here.

I have a small amount of Belgian posters on my website. And probably a further 50 not on there.

https://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/belgian-film-posters-67-c.asp

Best regards
Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 10:04:21 AM »
Hi Marc,

Thanks. That’s a nice site you have there, I’ll be keeping an eye. That Turkish Friday 13th is almost making me want to move my collection up a few poster sizes!

I’d been browsing as a guest on here for a while so thought it was time to register properly.

Regards,
Jon

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 10:45:24 AM »
Welcome!

I don't collect a lot of smaller posters (I like them big myself) but I do appreciate Belgian posters and I do buy them on occasion.  I like the uniqueness of their designs.  Not so much locandinas, which very often look like their larger counterpart, which I prefer.

Post some of your best Belgians when you get a chance.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 06:17:49 AM »
Hi T,
Size wise it’s down to convenience for me as I don’t have a lot of space. I know what you mean about locandinas and prefer the ones that aren’t just resized artwork to fit, but they’re really handy for filling those awkward wall spaces. I’m looking to add some Aus playbills and US inserts at some point too.

Here’s some of my fave Belgians (hopefully I’ve sized these ok. I did read an earlier post about image attachments and file size but go easy on the new boy, I’m happy for any advice on this).

J

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 10:05:27 AM »
I hear you.  I just came back from Paris and forgot how little space people have there.  It would certainly make poster collecting very difficult.  Adaptation is key ;)

Nice posters!  I particularly like Asylum and Ipcress File.

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 06:59:41 AM »
Thanks T,

That Ipcress File is one of my faves. Become a big fan of Raymond Elseviers’ art since started collecting. Friend of mine just picked up a How The West Was Won by him, absolutely beautiful! There seems to be limited info about him online so if anyone has any tips, books or sites to look at re the artist I’d be much obliged?

J

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 08:17:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum Pelham!  welcome1

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 09:04:35 AM »
Hey Tob, thanks for sorting my registration.

J

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 12:30:04 PM »
Let me add my welcome to the others. I have a few Belgian posters--but not too many. Like others have mentioned, I do like their alternate art and sometimes the colors really seem to pop. But, I prefer the one sheet size myself (although I have posters from all over and also all sizes. Have you considered Thai posters? They are smaller and usually quite stunning art-wise as well.
Anyway--WELCOME!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 05:59:38 PM »
Hi there, cheers for the welcome. Yeah there’s definitely something in those colours and I love those over exaggerated fonts. I’ll definitely check out Thai posters, thanks for the advice.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 06:07:26 PM »
Thai posters are great.  Hard to find for some titles.  I have a few on my website.  Not a lot.  Probably as many as Belgian posters :(

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 06:58:07 PM »
I’ve just been checking out the Thai poster thread on here. I’m hooked.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 01:29:30 AM »
Welcome to the circus!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Pelham

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 08:33:59 AM »
Hi. Thanks for the welcome. Everyone loves a circus (unless they’re coulrophobic).