Author Topic: The Post Office has gone from bad to worse to playing Russian Roulette  (Read 2771 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
An email we just received from one of our many Australian customers:

"This finally arrived yesterday and thought I should let you know that there was some damage to the package (see image). Thanks to your protective packaging, there was minimal damage so I'm not too bothered, but thought it worth letting you know what treatment the postal service can dish out."

I replied as follows:

"This is EXACTLY why we are advising ALL our customers to switch to UPS for most orders. Yes, it can be more expensive, but it is comparing gold to lead, because UPS doesn't demolish packages and the Post Office does, UPS does pay insurance claims and the Post Office doesn't, and UPS usually gets there in half to three quarters less time than the Post Office. I am so sorry this happened, but glad it was minimal damage.

Thanks
Bruce"

The Post Office has gone from bad to worse, to anyone stil using them is playing Russian Roulette with their packages. :(

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: The Post Office has gone from bad to worse to playing Russian Roulette
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 07:03:56 PM »
 thumbsup.gif notworthy.gif thumbsup.gif notworthy.gif thumbsup.gif notworthy.gif

Top notch team!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 05:40:26 AM »
Grief, I wouldn't have thought such damage was even possible to your packages Bruce!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 08:59:33 AM »
Grief, I wouldn't have thought such damage was even possible to your packages Bruce!

Given how long it has been taking international packages to arrive, they may have started floating them on the ocean until they finally arrive, which could account for the damage!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html