Author Topic: Upcoming movie poster events calendar  (Read 516221 times)

agentprovocateur

Re: Upcoming movie poster events calendar
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2011, 01:06:03 PM »
Ambled along to the Westminster Fair, always good to have a root around the tables, luckily for me my ponchant for modern paper kept my bank balance intact! That was until I nipped to the Cinema Store in Covent Garden and nabbed me a pristine 'Moon' quad, quality ;D

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2011, 10:26:11 AM »
On November 30, 2011, show some love to the mother country! Christie's offers you a singular opportunity to drain your bank account to acquire various and sundry pretty paper in its Vintage Film Posters auction.  

P.S. I'll be in the mother country from Dec 21 - Dec 31 visiting my sister, and hopefully I'll be meeting some UK poster pals while I'm there. I'll temporarily set aside all the 1776 unpleasantness.

"Reginald Jeeves: Foreign travel often liberates emotions best kept in check, sir, and the air of North America is notoriously stimulating in this regard, as witness the regrettable behaviour of its inhabitants in 1776.
Bertie Wooster: What happened in 1776, Jeeves?
Reginald Jeeves: I prefer not to dwell on it if it's convenient to you, sir."

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:26:57 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »
Look out... Head for the hills... Mel's coming to invade the U.K.  ;)

Where about's does your sister live, Mel ?
It's more than a Hobby...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
Look out... Head for the hills... Mel's coming to invade the U.K.  ;)

Where about's does your sister live, Mel ?

London, but we're heading to Norfolk on the 26th.  Gotta see some old school castles....

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
Norfolk is a nice area, but the landscape is a bit flat. For Castles, you should head up to Scotland, they have some really first rate one's up there.
Where ever you get, I hope you have a great time in Jolly old Britain...
It's more than a Hobby...

agentprovocateur

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »
Mel, it'd definitely be good to meet up for a beer or two when you're in London, just let me know when you're available and I'm sure I could find a suitable hostelry. Could even show you a few film poster shops in the centre of town if there's time.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »
Mel, it'd definitely be good to meet up for a beer or two when you're in London, just let me know when you're available and I'm sure I could find a suitable hostelry. Could even show you a few film poster shops in the centre of town if there's time.

Thanks for the invite - I'll have to take you up on that.

By the way, you London APF chappies should form a club and meet on a regular basis.  We're too spread out in the US.  Of course, a few scuffles will occur, but that's part of the fun :)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:07:17 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »
Heritage - March 23-24, 2012 - Dallas Vintage Movie Poster Auction  #7055

http://movieposters.ha.com/common/auction/catalog.php?SaleNo=7055&ic=homepage_catalog

-Jeff

guest158

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »
I will be at the Westminster COLLECTORS FILM CONVENTION at Central Hall, Westminster, STOREY'S GATE, LONDON SW1H 9NH (opposite Westminster Abbey) on Sat 10th of March 2012 from 10am-4pm. Admission is £4. There will be 80 tables of Movie Memorabilia. We will be bringing some posters and lobby cards and stills. Hope to see your there!! See http://www.londonfilmmemorabiliaconvention.co.uk/

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
I will be at the Westminster COLLECTORS FILM CONVENTION at Central Hall, Westminster, STOREY'S GATE, LONDON SW1H 9NH (opposite Westminster Abbey) on Sat 10th of March 2012 from 10am-4pm. Admission is £4. There will be 80 tables of Movie Memorabilia. We will be bringing some posters and lobby cards and stills. Hope to see your there!! See http://www.londonfilmmemorabiliaconvention.co.uk/

Hope you have a great day...by the way.....none of this stuff happens up here in Scotchland...do any of you mem sellers happen to cross the border once in a while? :D

Stew
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:48:52 PM by stewart boyle »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »
Passing this along this email I received from Mallam's:

I am writing to inform you of the Vintage Posters from the 1950s & 1960s auction that is to take place on Saturday 17th March at 10.30am at Mallams Auctioneers in Oxford. This 240 lot auction is compiled from a 760 poster collection that has been untouched since the posters graced the front of an Irish Cinema in the 1950s and1960s. Mostly of British quad size this auction is a fantastic piece of cinematic history and titles within the sale include The Ladykillers, Dracula, The Man With The Golden Arm, Brides of Dracula, Saint Joan, Abbott & Costello, Return of the Fly, Funny Face and much more.

Please find a link to the online catalogue here: http://www.catalogue-host.co.uk/mallams/oxford/2012-03-17/page_1

Hatty Fisher

Mallams Auctioneers
Bocardo Gallery
24a St. Michael's Street
Oxford
OX1 2EB

01865 241358
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:01:47 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Bruce

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »
That's a great looking group of posters, and they have images that show the flaws of the posters and don't appear to be enhanced in any way. Who could ask for more?

http://www.catalogue-host.co.uk/mallams/oxford/2012-03-17/lot_50?prev_page=browse%20catalogue%2c%20page%201%20of%205&prev_url=%2fmallams%2foxford%2f2012-03-17%2fpage_1

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »
That's a great looking group of posters, and they have images that show the flaws of the posters and don't appear to be enhanced in any way. Who could ask for more?

Bruce, please stop posting irrelevant and barely-disguised attacks on Heritage.  My post had absolutely nothing to do with Emovie or Heritage, yet you responded with an obvious dig at your primary competitor.  Having received 100 of so posters from both Heritage and Emovie, I can "testify" that both companies post very accurate images of the posters for sale.  If they didn't, I - and everybody else - would stop buying from one or both of them.  I second Richard's comments on this subject posted on MOPO, which others may want to read.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2012, 02:01:23 PM »
Mel, please stop posting links to ongoing auctions.  We all work very hard to uncover the best of deals and several people, myself included, already found this auction.  All you accomplish by posting this information is to ensure that the people with unlimited budgets will win what they want and won't have to do any work -- nothing will fall through the cracks.  And if any of us who were planning on bidding do in fact win something, you have almost guaranteed that we'll pay more than we would have -- that is real dollars you are taking out of our pockets.  I assume if there were posters in this auction that you were planning to bid on that you wouldn't have posted it.   eyeroll

You are lambasting Bruce for doing something over and over, even though people have expressed discontent with it.  Maybe you should heed some of your own advice...

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
Yep, gotta agree with Harry, part of the hobby is the hunt!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
I for one am happy that people will post about auctions going on

as I have said in other threads.. I am not concerned if other people want to bid against me and make me pay more money

I already knew about Mallam's auction and I will win what I win if I win anything regardless of Mel's post.

stop being cheap and whiney

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Freefall

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »

as I have said in other threads.. I am not concerned if other people want to bid against me and make me pay more money

I already knew about Mallam's auction and I will win what I win if I win anything regardless of Mel's post.

happy1

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »

Stop being lazy, rich and arrogant  :P

• Post-aholic
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2012, 02:35:26 PM »
Stop being lazy, rich and arrogant  :P

I'm neither lazy nor really rich

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »
You are indeed Rich.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2012, 02:46:19 PM »

You dont happen to be a dealer who runs a weekly auction?

Der Januskopf

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

You are lambasting Bruce for doing something over and over, even though people have expressed discontent with it.  Maybe you should heed some of your own advice...

Well said, Harry.

Since when was Dread made the APF hall monitor or censor, telling other members what they can and cannot express, while all the while he has taken issue with people like bondposters (Adam), over and over, in multiple posts.  deadhorse

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:50:57 PM by Der Januskopf »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
DAMMIT, there goes my Dracula quad for $100.

If I am not going to bid on something, go ahead and post it, if it is something I want, everyone keep quite.

I am on the post nothing side usually as well, but this argument will never be settled.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »
You dont happen to be a dealer who runs a weekly auction?

I have never seen Mel post a link to my own auctions
as far as I'm concerned, I think all auctions should be posted in one long link blog.. right here

-------