Author Topic: Upcoming movie poster events calendar  (Read 515439 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Upcoming movie poster events calendar
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »
Dominic's Film & Entertainment auction on June 16 at 11am UK time:

Some original movie poster artwork being sold:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, dir. Steven Spielberg, 1984, starring Harrison Ford and Kate Capshaw, original finished artwork [by Mike Vaughan, unsigned], pen and ink and watercolour on board with printed legend at foot and lettered acetate overlay, the whole tipped on to board, 33 x 22 ins (84 x 56 cm)  A very fine and unique piece of original artwork for the second film featuring the iconic adventurer. This artwork would seem to have only been used for the Australian one-sheet poster (see preceeding lot) and shows Indiana Jones with machete and whip against a large plain circular background within an action-packed surrounding border.

A View to a Kill, dir. John Glen, 1985, starring Roger Moore and Tanya Roberts, original concept artwork for an apparently unused one-sheet poster design, possibly by Mike Vaughan, pen and ink with watercolour and acrylic, printed lettering at head and foot of board, 32 x 22.5 ins (81 x 57 cm), very fine. This artwork is most similar in overall design to the artwork of Dan Gouzee used for the US one-sheet poster. However, like the British one-sheet poster with artwork by Vic Fair, James Bond wears a white tuxedo and the printed titles are centred at the head and foot. As in the Dan Gouzee poster Roger Moore stands precariously high above the Golden Gate Bridge, but here Tanya Roberts clings to his legs while trying not to slip off with one foot dangling into the letterpress beneath. Christopher Walken is closing in with a stick of dynamite from the left while Grace Jones is leaping in from a spaceship above two other approaching attackers behind Roger Moore's back. A marvellous and dynamic piece of original and unique James Bond artwork.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »
Speaking of buyers premiums, this one is pretty classic from the auction mentioned above:

"A buyer's premium of 17.5% of the hammer price is payable by the buyers of all lots, except those lots asterisked, in which case the buyer's permium is 20.56%."

How many of them have the asterisk, you might ask?  Every item except one.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »
549 *    
The Empire Strikes Back, dir. Irvin Kershner, 1980, from original artwork by Drew Struzan, later printing with logo printed in black and white, UK quad poster in rolled condition, light central vertical crease, minor rubbing to extrems., 30 x 40 ins, near fine
(1)    Illustrations Available    £70-100

nono Correction: Artwork by Tom Jung.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
549 *    
The Empire Strikes Back, dir. Irvin Kershner, 1980, from original artwork by Drew Struzan, later printing with logo printed in black and white, UK quad poster in rolled condition, light central vertical crease, minor rubbing to extrems., 30 x 40 ins, near fine
(1)    Illustrations Available    £70-100

nono Correction: Artwork by Tom Jung.

Good eye, Ted.   thumbup

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »
Personally, I think Tom Jung is very underrated and should at least get credit when credit is due.

http://www.impawards.com/designers/tom_jung.html

Offline greysm

• Hobbyist
    • Director of US Poster Auctions
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2011, 11:35:09 PM »
Say Mel
Would you mind adding Heritage's Signature Movie Poster Auction which is July 16 and 17.
Over 1300 lots of great material, over 1100 now seen in our previews, www.ha.com/7040.
You have to check this selection out!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2011, 11:58:45 PM »
Heritage's Signature Movie Poster Auction -- July 16 and 17.

Over 1300 lots of great material, over 1100 now seen in our previews,

www.ha.com/7040

You have to check this selection out!

Grey--

you, yourself have just added the auction info and link..  thumbup

Jeff

-Jeff

Bruce

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 12:12:34 AM »
There are only a few days left in the three parts of our Summer Mini/Major Auction (http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/all.html), for anyone not aware of it. No buyers premiums, and lots of great bonuses!

Bruce

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2011, 12:38:54 AM »
Lots of great auctions coming up.  Since Heritage and Emovie are so well-known around here, I've tried to highlight some of the more obscure auctions in this thread.  I've updated the Google calendar itself to add all the major upcoming auctions:

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=moviepostercollectors%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 12:52:19 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Bruce

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2011, 12:54:46 AM »
Thanks Mel!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
Got this by email:

Poster Mountain will be featured tonight on Hollywood Treasure on Syfy at 10:30/9:30c. Or, stream the episode live at www.syfy.com. On tonight's episode, John Davis - CEO of Poster Mountain, will review the authentication of an original 1933 Invisible Man one sheet movie poster. This movie poster was auctioned late last year from Profiles In History. Here is the link to view the report:

http://www.postermountain.com/form/posters/formatted/4908

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
Got this by email:

Poster Mountain will be featured tonight on Hollywood Treasure on Syfy at 10:30/9:30c. Or, stream the episode live at www.syfy.com. On tonight's episode, John Davis - CEO of Poster Mountain, will review the authentication of an original 1933 Invisible Man one sheet movie poster. This movie poster was auctioned late last year from Profiles In History. Here is the link to view the report:

Thanks for the heads up Mel...
Chris

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
Got this by email:

Thank goodness Profiles didn't have a show when John authenticated the Dracula poster - would've been funny though to see him "betting his life" that it was real.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 10:17:03 PM »
For those who don't have cable (including me), here is a site with live SyFy streaming.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »
Thank goodness Profiles didn't have a show when John authenticated the Dracula poster - would've been funny though to see him "betting his life" that it was real.

:-[ :-[ :-[
Chris

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 08:11:45 AM »

Interestingly enough, he did "stake his reputation" (his words) on the MUMMY 1sh being authentic in the episode.  The poster sold for 200K and Joe M said that it was a record setting price.  What record would that be?  Maybe a record price for an item in one of their auctions? 

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 10:53:58 PM »
you can add my poster sale for start tomorrow night if you like :-)
http://s1127.photobucket.com/home/SHOCKWAVE063 my bucket link

TZimmes

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
you can add my poster sale for start tomorrow night if you like :-)
http://s1127.photobucket.com/home/SHOCKWAVE063 my bucket link

Hey man, how are you running your sale?  Ive already seen a few bits I like and Im in Toronto...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »
2011 July Dallas Signature Movie Poster Auction - Dallas, TX.  Auction #7040

Auction Dates:  July 16-17, 2011

2261 beautiful items..

Just a few highlights:

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2011, 03:42:58 AM »
Here are some fine pieces of movie paper ending June 28.
This was on MoPo.

http://www.justkidsnostalgia.com/catalog/auction.php

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
  Hey Mel,

Just wondering how big of a deal it would be to have active links on your calender.  Currently it pulls up a map and gives an email address, but it would be way cool if you clicked on the auction and went straight to the website.  Of course, as a a web caveman, I have no idea how hard that might be.

Brian
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:54:03 PM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
 Hey Mel,

Just wondering how big of a deal it would be to have active links on your calender.  Currently it pulls up a map and gives an email address, but it would be way cool if you clicked on the auction and went straight to the website.  Of course, as a a web caveman, I have no idea how hard that might be.

Brian

Based on this thread, I don't think it's possible.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:15:55 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »
Man that Dr. Jekyll insert is really something!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
Man that Dr. Jekyll insert is really something!

I'm with you on that comment, Chris. That is an outstanding piece, for sure!   sm1

Jeff

-Jeff

guest158

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
We will be at the Westminster COLLECTORS FILM CONVENTION at Central Hall, Westminster, STOREY'S GATE, LONDON SW1H 9NH (opposite Westminster Abbey) on Sat 17th of September 2011 from 10am-4pm. Admission is £4. There will be 80 tables of Movie Memorabilia. We will be bringing some posters and lobby cards and stills. Hope to see your there!!

follow my page on facebook at;
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/AdmitOne-Vintage-Movie-Posters-News/299745995883