Author Topic: Upcoming movie poster events calendar  (Read 516124 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Upcoming movie poster events calendar
« Reply #675 on: February 26, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
The next Heritage sig auction just went live.  I have 20 items on the 'ol watch list, but - as usual - I'll probably end up with scraps from the Sunday Internet session:

http://movieposters.ha.com/common/auction/catalog.php?SaleNo=7094

Not that it means anything but the $40,000 to $80,000 is quite a wide estimate on the Dracula 3 sheet

Is this 2nd Cimarron copy also from the Berwick stash?!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #676 on: February 26, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
Looking good.. but I agree.. that is an awfully wide estimate range for Drac.

And as a side, Artistic, note... what did the original artist do (or not do) to Bela's right eye on the 3sh? It looks swollen shut, or worse  :o

IMHO, a total lack of better detail paid to Bela, in the 3/4 profile..... nono

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #677 on: February 26, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »
There are 4 Farewell my Lovely pieces here with Mitchum

http://www.lomasneymovieart.com/gallery/5377187_gMBQy#!i=329404322&k=H8K9t39

yes, but Heritage isn't selling any of those so far

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #678 on: March 01, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
Upcoming auction from Poster Mountain and Black Sparrow Auctions.  Some cool pieces from various genres.

http://blacksparrowauctions.com/events/posters-art/

"A collection of vintage designs and modern artistry, covering advertisement, propaganda, war, travel, tourism, concert and movie posters. Includes vintage magic posters, cigarette ads, historical Soviet war posters, as well as modern movie posters signed by today’s biggest Hollywood stars. In addition, we have a set of exciting Mondo posters in the offering. There is something for just about everyone.

Advance Bidding starts February 17 and Live Bidding starts at 11am PDT Saturday, March 15, 2014. All questions welcome and preview is available by appointment. Please call (323) 250-3980 or email us at blacksparrowauctions@gmail.com."

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #679 on: March 01, 2014, 04:33:42 PM »
Upcoming auction from Poster Mountain and Black Sparrow Auctions.  Some cool pieces from various genres.

"A collection of vintage designs and modern artistry, covering advertisement, propaganda, war, travel, tourism, concert and movie posters. Includes vintage magic posters, cigarette ads, historical Soviet war posters, as well as modern movie posters signed by today’s biggest Hollywood stars. In addition, we have a set of exciting Mondo posters in the offering. There is something for just about everyone.

Advance Bidding starts February 17 and Live Bidding starts at 11am PDT Saturday, March 15, 2014. All questions welcome and preview is available by appointment. Please call (323) 250-3980 or email us at blacksparrowauctions@gmail.com."

Thanks for the heads up Neo.  Some stellar stuff indeed, including:

Bride of Franenstein, The (1953rr US banner 82" x 24")

Crimean travel poster - rather timely...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #680 on: March 01, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »

Well what a date to start the auction!
If anyone is interested in this item below, I may still be able to it cheaper than the $100.00 lower estimate:
http://bid.blacksparrowauctions.com/Goldfinger-Promotional-Poster_i18938554
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #681 on: March 01, 2014, 06:39:45 PM »
Well what a date to start the auction!

Does that date coincide with another auction or something else?

If anyone is interested in this item below, I may still be able to it cheaper than the $100.00 lower estimate:
http://bid.blacksparrowauctions.com/Goldfinger-Promotional-Poster_i18938554

I'm not trying to start a fight, but why blatantly undercut the competition in the "upcoming auctions thread."  Shouldn't this be in the Dealer's Forum?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:41:04 PM by NeoLoco »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #682 on: March 01, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »

I'm not trying to start a fight, but why blatantly undercut the competition in the "upcoming auctions thread."  Shouldn't this be in the Dealer's Forum?

yes it should be, in all fairness

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #683 on: March 01, 2014, 09:26:07 PM »
Just looked through the catalogue.  You'd think Postermountain would prefer to be attached to an auction with a greater selection of posters that may have actually needed some form of conservation...
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #684 on: March 02, 2014, 01:54:49 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Neo.  Some stellar stuff indeed, including:

Bride of Franenstein, The (1953rr US banner 82" x 24")

And a picture of Boris from Son of Frankenstein ...why could they never get these things right.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #685 on: March 02, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »
The title of the auction is called, "then and now", but the auction items are a bit of a train wreck when combined.  You have some cool vintage advertising posters interspersed with very recent silkscreen prints and autographed items.  I own a few of the recent silkscreen posters.  So I am interested in the results, but I don't get how they have a year-old Durieux right next to posters from the 60s and earlier?  And how does a Black Keys concert poster by Malleus fit into the theme of the auction?

I guess like any auction, people will only bid on what interests them, but this one is all over the place thematically.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #686 on: March 02, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »

I'm not trying to start a fight, but why blatantly undercut the competition in the "upcoming auctions thread."  Shouldn't this be in the Dealer's Forum?

The date is the Ides of March.
How am I undercutting the competition when I don't have these posters?
I just explained I know how to get it cheaper if anyone is interested. I don't own the poster in question, well, one of them I do, but that's it. So it doesn't bother me, just thought I would point it out to potentially save someone some money.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #687 on: March 02, 2014, 04:53:36 PM »
The date is the Ides of March.
How am I undercutting the competition when I don't have these posters?
I just explained I know how to get it cheaper if anyone is interested. I don't own the poster in question, well, one of them I do, but that's it. So it doesn't bother me, just thought I would point it out to potentially save someone some money.

The Ides of March.  Good thinkin'.  thumbup

Regarding your undercutting the competition, and "I don't have these posters...well, one of them I do", probably the one in the link you added.  hitself  Look up the definition of the phrase and the context of this thread, and there's your answer.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #688 on: March 02, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »
The title of the auction is called, "then and now", but the auction items are a bit of a train wreck when combined.  You have some cool vintage advertising posters interspersed with very recent silkscreen prints and autographed items.  I own a few of the recent silkscreen posters.  So I am interested in the results, but I don't get how they have a year-old Durieux right next to posters from the 60s and earlier?  And how does a Black Keys concert poster by Malleus fit into the theme of the auction?

I guess like any auction, people will only bid on what interests them, but this one is all over the place thematically.

I wouldn't call it a "train wreck" at all.  The eclectic variety makes it different from other auctions, and there may be some people whose preferred genre is new prints, and another who prefers more vintage items, etc., and they may check out different genres that they wouldn't have seen had the auction been items with a similar theme.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »
And a picture of Boris from Son of Frankenstein ...why could they never get these things right.

Realart must have just grabbed whatever pic they had lying around.

Or how about the 1951 Realart RR OS for Frankenstein? The head image is that of Karloff, from Bride, with some rather quick touch ups and shading to his forehead & hairline (they added the hair back somewhat):

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:38:39 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #690 on: March 04, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »
The Ides of March.  Good thinkin'.  thumbup

Cheers!  cheers

Regarding your undercutting the competition, and "I don't have these posters...well, one of them I do", probably the one in the link you added.  hitself

Erm, no mate, if that was my poster (which it is NOT) why would I say I could help someone get it cheaper?
That don't make no sense. You would link to the cheaper poster instead, right?
Also, I am not undercutting anyone just to be clear as I do not have these posters.

Look up the definition of the phrase and the context of this thread, and there's your answer.

I do understand the phrase and the context of this thread, thanks - no harm trying to help someone though. I don't gain anything by that. It's the same as someone else saying "Hey, the estimate on x piece is a little high - you can buy it now for less than that". It wouldn't go in the dealers thread either as I am not dealing in the said poster. There is always going to be a little crossover in posts in any forum, so I am sorry this offended you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:37:46 PM by bondposters »
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #691 on: March 04, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »

Cheers!  cheers

Erm, no mate, if that was my poster (which it is NOT) why would I say I could help someone get it cheaper?
That don't make no sense. You would link to the cheaper poster instead, right?
Also, I am not undercutting anyone just to be clear as I do not have these posters.

I do understand the phrase and the context of this thread, thanks - no harm trying to help someone though. I don't gain anything by that. It's the same as someone else saying "Hey, the estimate on x piece is a little high - you can buy it now for less than that". It wouldn't go in the dealers thread either as I am not dealing in the said poster. There is always going to be a little crossover in posts in any forum, so I am sorry this offended you.

You didn't offend me.  I'm not going to waste any more time on this and point out your inconsistent statements.

Now can we continue with UPCOMING AUCTIONS?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:25:17 PM by NeoLoco »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2014, 06:34:07 PM »
Adam.. I don't think you offended anyone, however

what he means and myself as well and anyone else who commented is that your comment is ill-placed.
if everyone had posters to sell and planted that in each thread where any such poster is being talked about, the forum would be inundated with such posts.

that's why such a comment only belongs in fs/fa or dealer thread

now toe the line, or be disciplined

whip

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #693 on: March 05, 2014, 03:11:55 AM »
Well said, Rich.  cool1

• Post-aholic
« Reply #694 on: March 05, 2014, 03:49:18 AM »
 cheers

-------

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #695 on: March 06, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »
The five-star collector contemplates his latest freebie....

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #696 on: March 06, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »
Does the catalogue mention if the Cimarron is also a Berwick?
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #698 on: March 07, 2014, 08:15:23 AM »
Adam.. I don't think you offended anyone, however

what he means and myself as well and anyone else who commented is that your comment is ill-placed.
if everyone had posters to sell and planted that in each thread where any such poster is being talked about, the forum would be inundated with such posts.

that's why such a comment only belongs in fs/fa or dealer thread

now toe the line, or be disciplined

whip

Lol, I understand mate.
I do apologise, but at the end of the day there wasn't any deliberate ploy to do any harm. I just made a statement to offer some help not realising it would cause such a hoo-hah.
Best wishes,
Adam