Author Topic: You Only Live Twice one sheet 27 1/2" wide?  (Read 5329 times)

Offline ihatefakes

• Beginner
You Only Live Twice one sheet 27 1/2" wide?
« on: July 07, 2021, 09:02:53 PM »
This is on linen and everything else looks correct but its 27 1/2" wide, not 27". Is that unusual?

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
Re: You Only Live Twice one sheet 27 1/2" wide?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 08:27:49 AM »
Are you measuring the linen?
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 08:46:15 AM »
Can linen backing change the dimensions slightly? i.e. the paper gets a bit 'stretched'? I thought I remember reading that once, but may have just imagined it.

Offline ihatefakes

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 11:12:36 AM »
Are you measuring the linen?

No, thats the dimensions of the poster.

Can linen backing change the dimensions slightly? i.e. the paper gets a bit 'stretched'? I thought I remember reading that once, but may have just imagined it.

Dont think paper would stretch that much, but have read that some old posters are wider than 27". Every listing I have seen says this one is 27 inches though.

Offline Taiyaki

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »
I think it’s not uncommon for posters to be wider or smaller by a 1/8th, 1/4, or even 3/8th of an inch, on the longer side. However half an inch on the width is pretty uncommon for sure.

Offline ihatefakes

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 08:08:47 PM »
I think it’s not uncommon for posters to be wider or smaller by a 1/8th, 1/4, or even 3/8th of an inch, on the longer side. However half an inch on the width is pretty uncommon for sure.

I know, but who who would to go to the expense of linen backing a fake? Was just hoping someone else has one they can measure. It came from a well known dealer. I will ask them about it.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 01:27:16 AM »

Yes, the dimensions can change a bit with linen backing, Tob. There can be all kinds of miscut scenarios as well. Though, too much miscut or too wide of a paper roll in quality control would make it hard for a movie theatre to fit easily in their displays. If it's a reputable dealer, IHFs, they'll make sure you're happy, right? Okie

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 01:32:32 AM »
On the other hand, T, there is the completely "up front" Sophia Loren...

Okie

Offline ihatefakes

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 02:33:05 PM »
On the other hand, T, there is the completely "up front" Sophia Loren...

Okie

Got the answer from the seller. They found three oversize Bond poisters that sold at Heratage, and one of them was the same poster as this one. Heratage listed it as being 27.5" wide. Probably an error at the printer. Movieart*Austintexas was the seller and offered me my money back if I wanted it, so thats good enough for me.