Author Topic: Forbidden Planet 2006 re release poster  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Taiyaki

• Beginner
Forbidden Planet 2006 re release poster
« on: June 19, 2021, 02:59:05 PM »
Apparently Forbidden Planet was re released in 2006. Does anyone know anything about this re release?

The only thing I can find is that it would appear the poster used the original artwork and re applied the title logo and the "AMAZING" tagline. It seems it's slightly re centered with more artwork showing on the left (as well as above, as they left more of the stars). The "AMAZING" tagline is reduced in sized and moved to the left (on the original it's sticking out of the edge of the illustration). Also gone are the copyright texts at the bottom.

In some ways the re release poster is arguably more pleasing visually, and to top it off this one seems to come rolled.

Does anyone know how the impression quality compares to the 1956 original? My assumption would be that it must be quite good if they really used the original artwork as a base (and reason why I think they did is due to the extra sections of the artwork showing that were cropped on the original).

Lastly any known fakes of this variant circulating that one should be careful of?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 03:03:38 PM by Taiyaki »