Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

June 2021

(1/5) > >>

redman:

^Czech poster for Kdo chce zabit Jessii? (1966) aka Who Wants to Kill Jessie?
this is a bit of a rare bird, especially in this A1 size for the original release.
art by Karel Saudek who also did Cz Barbarella poster.
think he is well known but i know nothing about comics/graphic novels.
the film deserves to be better known and is worth seeking out

ealingmovieposters:
Been buying some Mexican and Argentinian posters recently, this one stands out for me because of the UK connection:-

King of the Damned - UK Gainsborough studios 1935 - starring Conrad Veidt.

This was produced by Michael Balcon who would later be in charge of production at Ealing studios.

Heather_Mason_SH3:
Hi everyone, it's been a bit since I've been around. I've slowed down on my movie poster collecting as I've shifted to collecting other things for now.
I've really only purchased posters when it was an opportunity I couldn't miss.

Here's one that is a rare gem. The film itself is really, really bad that you can't help but laugh at everything. Totally awesome ending song though. I was really happy when I found this one as it's such an obscure film I wasn't sure one would exist. A video store poster for the 1986 film "Roller Blade" that proudly advertises it as "Roller Blade The Video!"

I also got this one at a very good price. I've been after it since watching the film a few months back and it quickly became one of my favorites! It has an excellent soundtrack and a great cast consisting of actors and actresses from some of my other favorite films!
1984's Savage Streets. This is just one variation of three one sheets made for the film. Hoping to get my hands on the other two someday if they are offered at a decent price.

Now for my latest purchases, and probably my last for a while. The video store posters for Sorority House Massacre and Sorority House Massacre 2. I wasn't aware of the existence for the poster of the first film until it showed up on eBay and I quickly scooped it up, although I'll admit I probably paid more for it than I should have. I managed to talk down the seller from their original price, but it wasn't as much as I was hoping. As for the second film, I got really lucky with an auction and it was at a very good price. I've also had my eyes on this poster for a while and was searching daily for it!
I'm glad that I now have a complete collection of the Slumber/Sorority/Massacre video store posters! I just wish I had a nice way to display them all together, my current place it too small!

Don't think I posted about them before, but I also picked up posters for Bikini Carwash Company 1 and 2. I'll admit I watched the films based on the posters alone and I love them!
Hoping to get frames for them soon and I'll post pictures when I do!

I have one more - very exciting - poster on the way. It's like a dream come true, this one. I searched for so long and wasn't even sure it existed! Will post a picture when it gets here!

angelflyover:
Nice posters Redman, Ian and Heather_Mason,thanks for sharing.
Remember my post on Dec 2019 about the China finally releasing Hayao Miyazaki movies on big screen and commissioned China's famous movie poster designer Huang Hai (黄海)to design the posters for the releases?
These 4 designs are from Ponyo 27x41 inches China's release which just got in today.The last picture is the artist Huang Hai at work.I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki and have always enjoy alternative artwork poster design for his movies releases.Hope you like them too.
1 final by angel flyover, on Flickr
2 by angel flyover, on Flickr
3 by angel flyover, on Flickr
4 by angel flyover, on Flickr
author by angel flyover, on Flickr

wonka:
Those Hai Miyazaki posters are wonderful. I had to nab the other ones he did in the series, some of the best art I have ever seen for modern films. Great pick up on the Ponyo set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version