Common Poster Subjects > Auction House, Dealer & Other Seller Experiences

UK dealers

(1/3) > >>

BTTF85:
Hi all,

Pretty new to poster collecting and any advice would be much appreciated.

Has anyone bought posters from any of the following and can vouch for them? I want to ensure that I buy from someone reputable that would only sell vintage original movie posters and not reprints.

Originalvintagemovieposters.co.uk (Simon Dwyer)
artofthemovies.co.uk
fmp2000 (eBay)

Also, I’ve seen that some dealers are LAMP approved. Should I take the LAMP approval to mean that the dealer is reputable?

As mentioned, any guidance or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
J

mahmudf:
Hi there J

Simon is legit, although I have not bought from him. He is reputable in my opinion. I'm sure many people on here must have had dealings with him. I've been following his site for years

Last time I contacted  him was a few weeks back, I was looking for a poster of mine, I tore my whole flat apart looking for the bloody thing. I contacted Simon about a replacement which he had. Luckily I found it few hours later, I sheepishly contacted him and apologied for wasting his time. He was polite and said it happens.

Tob:
I bought a couple of large French bus shelters from FMP2000 on eBay a few years back, all was fine. I think they're in France though, not UK.

Like mahmudf, I have heard positive things about Simon, but have never bought from him. I check his site as he has nice stuff and his pricing is not too crazy for a dealer.

I've not bought from artofthemovies.co.uk. They look fine, but pricey for new stuff.

BTTF85:
Many thanks mahmudf & Tob for the feedback and advice, it is much appreciated. My bad with the UK typo, fmp2000 is indeed located in France. I was interested in one of the grande posters they have listed. I have contacted some of these dealers and at this stage all seem very friendly & knowledgeable.

mahmudf:
Due to brexit its getting more difficult and  pricier to buy from EU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version