Author Topic: April 2021  (Read 817 times)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: April 2021
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 12:46:36 AM »
Dancing Lady card is beautiful and rare.
I had one over a decade ago that came with a collection that also had a complete set from You Nazty Spy!
Sold them both the same evening I got them, but before I even shipped them out I got calls from 4 other Stooge collectors trying to cut the original buyer out (I declined all the other offers though).
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Antoine1973

• Hobbyist
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 11:46:52 PM »
I just bought this stunning Italian 4F for a rather obscure independent movie, The Vampire (1957).  I love the bright red color that dominates the artwork and the font on the title.  The vivid painterly style of the figures really encapsulates the 1950s to me.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 12:08:56 AM »
I sure like those colors and image on The Vampire as well, Antoine! For just a minute, I thought the vampire may have been played by actor Cliff Robertson.  I can just imagine Robertson now as an understated very scary vampire! Getting back to reality: have you seen this movie? I don't recall it.  Okie

Offline Antoine1973

• Hobbyist
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 01:44:35 AM »
I saw it a long time ago, I'd like to revisit it now that I own this poster.  I remember that it wasn't half as bad as I expected, and that it had an unusual explanation for vampirism that was steeped in pseudo-science (probably since it was made during the late 1950s at the height of the sci-fi boom, just before Hammer made supernatural horror popular again).

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 11:29:44 PM »
Two of my latest finds - video release posters for Kiki's Delivery Service and Madeline Lost In Paris.
These were a big part of my childhood and I still love them to this day, so I was very happy I was able to find them after a long search!
I'm not 100% sure on the authenticity of the Kiki poster because I can't find ANY information on the video poster and it's quite different from any I've ever seen - but the seller claimed it was an original and it does look pretty good!
I purchased two of the Madeline posters but due to an error on the seller's part, got a partial refund.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »
Two of my latest finds - video release posters for Kiki's Delivery Service and Madeline Lost In Paris.
These were a big part of my childhood and I still love them to this day, so I was very happy I was able to find them after a long search!
I'm not 100% sure on the authenticity of the Kiki poster because I can't find ANY information on the video poster and it's quite different from any I've ever seen - but the seller claimed it was an original and it does look pretty good!
I purchased two of the Madeline posters but due to an error on the seller's part, got a partial refund.

Wonderful! Always love it when people find something that they have an emotional attachment to like this.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!