Author Topic: Greetings from Johns Creek GA!  (Read 3108 times)

Offline damadczar

• Beginner
Greetings from Johns Creek GA!
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:28:49 AM »
Thanks for having me.

I've only got the 1 poster so far (2 sided 27x41 Bram Stoker's Dracula), but I'm looking for more in my theatre room once I'm done with my basement remodeling.

Not sure if I wanna shoot for the moon and go with frames that let me change out posters and start a collection or not.... we shall see.

Anyway, thanks!

Steven

Offline Nailsdog

• Beginner
Re: Greetings from Johns Creek GA!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 09:05:32 AM »
 welcome1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 09:56:55 AM »
20 years ago, pretty much to the day, I started collecting.  I always had movie posters and fan boy posters pinned to my walls growing up, but I would destroy them after use.  2001 is when I started saving them.  And guess what... I still have the original list and Coppola's Dracula was in that first batch of posters.  Cut to today, I have a little collection that doesn't seem to end.  So watch out, it all start with the one and it is a slippery slope.

Good luck and welcome,

T.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline damadczar

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 03:06:44 PM »
20 years ago, pretty much to the day, I started collecting.  I always had movie posters and fan boy posters pinned to my walls growing up, but I would destroy them after use.  2001 is when I started saving them.  And guess what... I still have the original list and Coppola's Dracula was in that first batch of posters.  Cut to today, I have a little collection that doesn't seem to end.  So watch out, it all start with the one and it is a slippery slope.

Good luck and welcome,

T.

Thanks!  That's awesome that Coppola's Dracula was in that first batch.  It's one of my wife and I's favorite movies to chill out with.  That and The Fifth Element (which she's already told me I need to get!). 

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 01:03:48 AM »
Steven, I vote for front loading frames.  Good ones to start it right!  Okie

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 11:32:22 AM »
Hi Steven, welcome!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 06:43:29 PM »
Greetings, Steven and welcome to the forum. Another new person! How delightful. I hope you will enjoy yourself. VERYONE here started with ONE poster and as Thierry said, the hobby mushrooms from there. (I have thousands myself, but they are not nearly as nice as T's amazing collection. Zowie!) Make yourself at home. We are happy to have you.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!