Author Topic: American Werewolf one sheet original?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline mikebrown219

• Beginner
American Werewolf one sheet original?
« on: February 14, 2021, 06:09:43 PM »
Hi all,

Being new to the game but was hoping someone can look at these images and tell me if this poster is original or a repro?

Also been made aware it has a musty smell but no signs of mould etc.

Thanks

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: American Werewolf one sheet original?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 09:28:28 PM »
Original.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline mikebrown219

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 03:38:48 AM »
Many thanks for the reply. Can you advise how to distinguish between an original and repro and would it smelling must be an issue?

Thank you

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 10:51:33 AM »
On this one, I don't know.  I can just tell looking at it.  Call it experience.  I know the size is right, the folds, the coloring...  I don't know if this specific design has been reprinted, but if it had, it would have been smaller than 27x41in.

Great movie, btw.  One of my favs.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline mikebrown219

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 11:52:51 AM »
Appreciate your response. I just wanted someone to put my mind at rest before I purchase it as didn’t want to get it and find out it was a reproduction.

Your help has been greatly appreciated.