Author Topic: 'Blade' US One Sheet - signed  (Read 3764 times)

Offline ChromaticAberration

• Beginner
'Blade' US One Sheet - signed
« on: February 12, 2021, 09:49:36 AM »
As I have already researched around here, ost collector's are very weary of signed posters and most assume they are all fake.

Assuming this is also the case, can you give me some pointers?

Stuff that I find right of the bat suspicious is the fake that there is no dedication to a particular fan/person.
And then, of course, why do all "artists" sign with the classic silver, wide tip kind of pen?!
The poster itself is not in minty condition, there are some slight use marks and as far as I could see without dismantling the framing, it looks like a single side.

Thanks in advance.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: 'Blade' US One Sheet - signed
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 10:01:27 AM »
I’m no expert on sigs, but I do have a Stan Lee signature on a print that I got in person and it looks very similar to that. I think Stan signed a lot of stuff, so it seems plausible it’s ‘real’.

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 10:31:19 AM »
Well one thing I have already learned... that is Stan Lee's signature, or an attempt at it? Why? As far as I know the only involvement he had in this movie was a cameo that never got to the final cut...

Also, apparently this poster is not uncommon on a single side version.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »
It all changed for me when I had a friend of mine look at my signature once and reproduce it perfectly.  He showed me my signature and his reproduction and I couldn't tell which one was mine.  It's a gift and he's not the only one to have it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 10:50:06 AM »
Definitely, "signed" stuff should be properly authenticated by a well known company but even them won't be able to tell the difference between near-perfect fakes since no one signs exactly the same way twice... I guess watching Las Vegas "Pawn Stars" won't to justice to a much more complex issue.

One way to make sure the signature is real is to include an authenticated signed document by the author of the signature where a unique element of the item is referenced but posters, as far as I know, have no serial numbers.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 10:56:55 AM »
I think at conferences, Stan Lee's team had a little foil sticker that they'd stick on the thing he was signing as a sort of authentication check...maybe it's on the back of the poster.

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 01:35:58 PM »
I will do that because I won't display the poster has it is currently framed anyway.

Thanks for all the inputs notworthy.gif

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 04:36:54 PM »
I guess watching Las Vegas "Pawn Stars" won't to justice to a much more complex issue.

ha!
pawn stars is good entertainment but there was a guy with a huge magnifier who got done for fraud and another muppet did a huge godfather sig howler
and this is only thinking off top of my head
and don't forget cinemasterpieces valuing casablanca 1sheet at 100k LOL

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 12:56:30 AM »
I enjoy collecting certain signed items, Chromatic.  I mainly like in person signatures dedicated to me or a family member. Though, I do buy the occasional older signed item as well.  I met Stan Lee a few times over the decades and well before he had "handlers" as well.  We even once hosted a Marvel original art gallery in his honor several years back and he hung out with us for awhile enjoying the art and telling us stories much to the frowning of his then handlers. Stan signed a lot of items over the years and from what I experienced really enjoyed interacting with "True believers"! It's a shame he was treated as a commodity in the end, however he was  "Stan, The Man" of self promotion. Enjoy the signature as probably original, in my most humble opinion. Excelsior!  Okie