Author Topic: Help me value some older posters please  (Read 3632 times)

Offline ChromaticAberration

• Beginner
Help me value some older posters please
« on: February 08, 2021, 09:12:16 AM »
Have posted them already on my presentation topic but these are not posters I intend to keep as I do not have the means to restore them or properly maintain them and time will probably mess them up even more, they should be with someone who cares:

I believe all of them have some kind of "stamp" that identifies them with the translated Portuguese title (we have that annoying habit around here!), some of them right on top of the poster itself, I suspect that will impact the value unfortunately.

I will gladly provide photos in more detail if it helps you guys  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:24:54 AM by ChromaticAberration »

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
Re: Help me value some older posters please
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 02:18:52 PM »
The last one is of a true classic UK movie - The Thief of Bagdad a 1940 (British) starring Conrad Veidt.

That said I can't determine if it is a re-release, I can't see an example like this in the brief search I did. The poster looks to have some issues, small tear etc. but overall it is 'all there' and would display well.

That one is definitely worth researching more. I don't see much in the others, maybe other people will see something.

Regards

Ian

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:23:57 PM by ealingmovieposters »
Regards

Ian

Offline ChromaticAberration

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »
Second an probably last, batch:

Any help is appreciated, I have no way to maintain such old posters and wish to sell fairly.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:18:03 PM by ChromaticAberration »

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 01:09:49 PM »
The Bruce Lee reissue should sell on Ebay for upwards of $50, not sure there is much in the others.
Regards

Ian