Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

February 2021

(1/5) > >>

okiehawker:
I actually found this crazy "Atomic" Movie Orgy poster a few months back at an antique store in Oxford, MS.  I've seen something similar to this type of show which blends classic movie/TV clips on the big screen along with looney live stage antics, music, and a light/special effects show along with scripted and improvised host(s) interaction with the audience. The Movie Orgy show could last many, many hours and go late into the night and early morning. You know it had to be good if Schlitz beer was the host! I wonder sometimes if events like the Movie Orgy and its progeny led to Mystery Science Theatre 3000, Rocky Horror live events etc. Then again on a school trip, I remember seeing Humanoids from the Deep in the early 1980s at an old theatre near Time Square in NYC and laughed so hard at the incredible audience call back and screaming out wildly during the movie. At one point, a guy hollered out "Get Richard Pryor up there, he'll kill that *&*%$!#*!!" Man, that sure was fun for a boy from middle America.  I mentioned this poster in Monster's thread and here it is!  Okie

Antoine1973:
Interesting poster, Okie.  Odd that they include a pic from 1935's Mad Love for something advertising "the wonderful world of the 1950s reborn!", lol.

I've been on an Italian poster kick lately, and here are some recent acquisitions.  First off, 3 Two-Fogli: Invisible Terror, an obscure German sci-fi film from 1962, The House that Screamed (1969), a pretty nifty Spanish photo-slasher, and Hammer's lurid Scars of Dracula (1970).  I also picked up 2 Four-Fogli: the baroque Vincent Price vehicle The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971), and Gangs of Honk Kong (1973) - this one I know nothing about, but how could I resist such a wacky image?

I also got this French 47x63 for the original Cape Fear, a true classic. 

okiehawker:
Oh, Yeah!  Some very nice kickin' Italians there, Antoine Okie

timelessmoviemagic:

Spanish Dracula.

Recent one for me. (Sorry I haven’t posted for a while)

timelessmoviemagic:
And a few others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version