Author Topic: Buying Legitimate Posters - I am based in the UK  (Read 4902 times)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
Buying Legitimate Posters - I am based in the UK
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:09:49 PM »
I am just starting out in the hunt for some original, authentic posters so it will take a little while for me to get up to speed with everything I need to be looking out for.

Is anyone else here based in the UK?

I would like to eventually purchase the original, authentic Goodfellas poster, is this something that is possible in the UK?

From my brief time looking into this, all I have found is that 99% of Official Authentic posters are based in the US.

If anyone else here is based in the UK I would appreciate hearing how you purchase your posters?

Or is it in fact for me to get the official posters I need to purchase from the US? I don't mind that, but I need to learn everything I can to know whether that is the case or not.

If it is the US, what delivery prices would I be looking at on top?

Thanks

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
Re: Buying Legitimate Posters - I am based in the UK
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 07:48:18 AM »
I'm still looking for the US, Double Sided, Unfolded Goodfellas poster. I am based in the UK if anyone knows of one for sale?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 12:05:13 PM »
It’s so insane to me that you haven’t been able to find one for less than $200.  It’s a recent flick, it shouldn’t be that expensive.  Bruce or HA will have one at some point.  Be patient.  The more you talk about it, the more you remind people that it exists.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 04:27:50 AM »
Hi T!

I think the main issue is being based in England, with Brexit, the import and shipping fees now come in higher than the poster itself if I am buying from the US, so ideally need to find one in the UK.

Sorry could you remind me who Bruce is and what his site is? Is he UK based?

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 12:45:13 PM »
I'm based in the UK, and at the wrong end too.

As T says, i'm surprised you can't find a good fellows Quad for the £200 mark.  Let me have a dig about.

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:54:28 PM by paul waines »

Offline paul waines

• Curator

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 03:11:23 PM »
Well, you Brits wanted to be left alone on your little island and your wishes came true.  Respect!  So don’t start complaining now and enjoy your newly found freedom!!!  Everything in life comes at a price.

T
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:12:36 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 03:15:07 PM »
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/GOODFELLAS-ORIGINAL-UK-QUAD-/184295066845

Quad under 200..

I think he wants the OS rolled, double sided and mint.  Apparently a rarity these days.  Who knew.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 06:56:22 AM »
Thanks for the links Paul.

As T says, I am actually after the One Sheet, Double Sided, Rolled version with the ratings box and not the Quad.

Appreciate you sending those links though, that rolled one is close, shame it wasn't double sided!