Author Topic: US to UK tracking issues  (Read 5133 times)

Online skyjackers

• Collector
US to UK tracking issues
« on: November 23, 2020, 01:15:13 PM »
Has anyone in the UK had any recent issues with post from the US? US tracking says it at arrived at Heathrow on Wednesday, UK tracking says it hasn't left the US yet. Obviously the tube is full of incredibly hard to find posters!?!

Offline redman

• Collector
Re: US to UK tracking issues
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 01:56:50 PM »
^i got a magazine from US this weekend and it had been stuck at heathrow for a good number of days. i would give it at least 4 more days before beginning to sweat a little

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »
Thanks, I do feel slightly stressed that the tracking is showing completely different things. I've not had that before.

Offline kubu

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 04:19:52 PM »
I ship and receive a lot transatlantic and loose approxmately 5% of the trackings. Sometimes they change the number at the handover from one to another company. And yes, some items get stuck at airports for several days, several weeks. But in the end every single one arrived....

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »
Thanks, that has reassured me some what. I appreciate things aren't normal at the moment, but was concerned by the differing tracking details.

Offline DinDinTahm

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 12:30:39 AM »
Has anyone in the UK had any recent issues with post from the US? US tracking says it at arrived at Heathrow on Wednesday, UK tracking says it hasn't left the US yet. Obviously the tube is full of incredibly hard to find posters!?!

https://youtu.be/NAOVaS2Sm4s

One of the items has been damaged in transit. Customs opened your tube and scuffed its two bottom corners. There are smudges on all the title letters, where the handler had ink on his fingers. There is an extra horizontal fold beneath the centre crossroad where customs leant on it and a vertical tear down the left side, from top to bottom, which has completely separated the paper in two. Due to the extra folds and tears, where the tube was crushed, there is now a slight rippled feeling to the poster. It was a sci-fi poster. Now it's nothing.
Call me Tahmmie - everybody does...

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 02:58:00 AM »
Fortunatley it must be a different tube because I don't buy folded posters so there can't be an extra fold and I don't but Sci-Fi. Appreciate the insight though.

Offline DinDinTahm

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 03:30:10 AM »
https://youtu.be/nZJt6Gv4XPk

*squints*

Could be horror...

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 03:44:15 AM »
Could be, maybe horrific to some. Certainly worthless to most people.

Offline DinDinTahm

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 03:58:10 AM »
https://youtu.be/6honxJ2uzwo

No, don't sell yourself short, one of them was quite expensive - tq¹he one with the red stripe. That's the one that's been damaged, unfortunately.

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 02:56:35 PM »
Posters turned up today. All good and with thankfully no issues.