Author Topic: The Cherry Orchard 1977 Beaumont Theater Lincoln Center Poster  (Read 466 times)

Offline Wigalot

• Beginner
Hi there. This is my first post here so bare with me.

https://posteritati.com/poster/38870/the-cherry-orchard-1977-us-three-sheet-poster

I live in the UK and recently purchased this poster for 10. It is in a wooden frame with glass that appears to be original. It measures 46x23 inches. It has some warping, I assume from slight moister damage. Would it be worth removing it from the frame and flattening it?

I was primerily wondering if it held any real value. The only information I can find online is a few poster shops/sites selling it for $200 - $300 in excellent condition. I also saw a smaller version sell on eBay for $100. I can upload pictures if needs be. Many thanks for any future replies.

Offline BruceH

• Hobbyist
    • eMoviePoster.com
Re: The Cherry Orchard 1977 Beaumont Theater Lincoln Center Poster
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 06:48:54 AM »
When we "bare" with you, do we have to get completely nekkid? :)

On the poster, it almost surely wouldn't justify the cost of restoration (likely hundreds of dollars). Either enjoy it as it is, or look to find a better example in nice condition.

But that's just my opinion.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,500 auctions every other week.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,680,000 to date from over 2,800 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
When we "bare" with you, do we have to get completely nekkid? :)

This joke is bearly funny

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 08:33:06 PM »
This poster is on the wall in the class room in Nightmare On Elm Street when Nancy burns her arm on the pipe you can see it when she is leaving the room.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 09:44:16 PM »
I can't see the price on Posteritati, but if you are using them as a reference, bare in mind that they usually are 75% more expensive than what something is worth.

T
My Personal Collection of 14,000+ Posters

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)