Author Topic: Topaz Transparencies  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
Topaz Transparencies
« on: April 23, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »
Hi, I've found a collection of Hitchcock stills. Among the stills there's this set of 16 colour transparencies/slides from Topaz. They measure 8x10 inches and all have an accompanying text. I've seen one of these things before, but have no idea what they are for. Anyone any idea? Where they used for magazines maybe or something? Also interesting ofcourse is whether they are rare or have any value.

Here's an example with a text.

Wim

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Topaz Transparencies
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:13:52 PM »
Hi, I've found a collection of Hitchcock stills. Among the stills there's this set of 16 colour transparencies/slides from Topaz. They measure 8x10 inches and all have an accompanying text. I've seen one of these things before, but have no idea what they are for. Anyone any idea? Where they used for magazines maybe or something? Also interesting ofcourse is whether they are rare or have any value.

Here's an example with a text.

Wim

Hi Wim,  I saw your nine year old question and wondered if you found the answer?  When I've had color transparencies made of art in my collection, they were used to publish the image in books and similar.  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 09:24:27 PM »
A little off topic, but my God Claude Jade was cute.  And those lips...

Two of my favorite posters with her:

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 09:45:31 PM »
Are you a sucker for a cute overbite, T?  I don't know why, but I am.  So, I agree with you on Claude Jade.  Okie

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 05:09:08 AM »
Wow, ten years after my own question I can say that these transparencies were indeed used for glossy magazine features. However i have been told that these 8x10's are in itself processed from original 5x4 or 3x4 transparencies. Value wise it is like all things wonderful: depending on condition and desirability. These transparencies do have a small group of collectors, Topaz is not a very desirable title, but the big H himself is.

Wim