Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 4665 times)

Offline cheryl1234

• Beginner
Hi All
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:14:07 PM »
Just joined.  Thank you.  I want to ask about a poster I have before I embarrass myself by saying I have an original and show you pictures of it.

About 15 years ago, I was heavily into ordering samples from companies.  Someone on one of the sample forums said MGM was giving away posters that they had too many of but you only were able to get whatever they picked for you.  I remember getting about 3.  One was of Gram Parsons.  I didn't even know who he was and sold it on Ebay.  Somebody got a bargain.

Anyway, I didn't sell the poster of The Raven starring Vincent Price.  It has the right measurements of 27 x 41" but it also does have a shine to it and it's not folded.  It's rolled up.  I'm so afraid of rolling and unrolling this thing until I find out whether it's pretty worthless or not.  I will take pictures if you think it's worth it.

Thank you for reading.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 02:38:05 PM »
Well, AIP (which produced Raven) was bought by MGM some 20 years ago when they purchased Orion.  Posters are not printed folded, so it is possible that the studio got a few rolled copies for their execs.  They ended up in their vault, then at Orion's, then at MGM's.  As far as glossy, no problem there either, but pictures would help for sure.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline cheryl1234

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »
Thank you for your reply.  Should I post them within this thread or somewhere else?  I'll try to post them tomorrow.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 06:09:13 PM »
Within this thread is fine.  Honestly, if your poster is 27x41, I think you're good to go.

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline cheryl1234

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 01:35:43 PM »
I was wrong.  It is not 27 x 41".  It's actually 27 x 40.  Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 01:44:24 PM by cheryl1234 »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 11:38:39 PM »
Hi Cheryl!

Welcome to the site. In addition to your RAVEN poster (which sounds like it may be a reprint), have you gotten into posters in any other way? If so, you will find a lot of resources here to help you. Feel free to look around and ask---lots of great folks here.

CHEERS and WELCOME!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline cheryl1234

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 09:23:35 PM »
Hi Cheryl!

Welcome to the site. In addition to your RAVEN poster (which sounds like it may be a reprint), have you gotten into posters in any other way? If so, you will find a lot of resources here to help you. Feel free to look around and ask---lots of great folks here.

CHEERS and WELCOME!
Thank you!   I have enjoyed reading the posts around here. 

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 12:22:32 PM »
That copy of The Raven is a repop...sorry for the bad news...those should all be matte regardless.

Welcome to the forum as well.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,