Common Poster Subjects > Photography & Digital Imagery

Digital camera recommendations?

(1/5) > >>

skyjackers:
I've just bought (and returned) a Panasonic Lumix FS30 camera because it took worse pictures when photographing posters than my very old and simple Sony DSC-P100. I wondered what you guys were using for best results? I don't want a digital SLR or to spend a fortune, just a digital compact camera that's a good all rounder.

kovacs01:
I have a Canon SD1100IS and have been very happy with it.  Its very compact, and seems to work well for most kinds of photos, and the batteries last.  It replaced an Olympus that went through batteries faster than a lonely nympho on Valentines Day.  Other than those, and a very old skool Kodak, I have limited experience with digital cameras.

MoviePosterBid.com:
I use a Canon G-10 and it's fantastic
Canon doesn't sell it anymore as it was 15megapixels and was cutting into their high-end business

it was $500-600 and you can find them on fleaBay in that range.

alternately get the Canon G-11 or G-12 (each 10 megapixels), unless you want to spend $900 and get a Canon SLR with 15-18megapixels

holiday:
I still use my now-old Canon Rebel xti - 10 megapixels, which was a lot at the time.  Now, I bet this one could be bought for a few hundred here and there.  Awesome camera with all the megapixels needed unless you plan on printing huge poster sized images.

Louie D.:
I'm with Rich on this one.  The Canon G10 produces beautiful images and was my main camera before I purchased a Nikon D700.  It's new version, G12, has HD video and is great in low light situations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version