Author Topic: Posters damaged in shipping.  (Read 6464 times)

Offline Steel81

• Beginner
Posters damaged in shipping.
« on: September 08, 2020, 06:44:33 PM »
Is there anything that can be done for these posters that were damaged in shipping? I assume there is not but figure I may as well check with the pros.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:46:20 PM by Steel81 »

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
Re: Posters damaged in shipping.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 07:22:12 PM »
You can’t do anything with the poster but if you bought this on ebay you should give the seller negative feedback for negligent packing and using a sub-standard tube.

Mark

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:21:43 PM »
Yes.  You start a claim with Paypal, escalate it to a dispute if the seller doesn't reply, and get reimbursed after you ship them back.  I have done it countless times.  This is unacceptable.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Steel81

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 08:45:42 PM »
Looks like the seller is going to send a replacement.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 04:26:41 AM »
Yes, but, in a stronger tube.

I also have the below saved in a Draft email for every time I buy a poster off an eBay seller who may not pack properly.  I send this and get them to commit to it, Before I bid.

Hi,

Apologies if this is redundant, but could I ask for specific packing;

1. Roll poster in paper, so tighter than inside of tube and secure in plastic.
2. This to ensure that the poster does not fit tightly against the inside of the Very Strong Tube so, IF there is a ding to the tube, the ding does not then automatically translate to poster.
3. Light tissue padding to both ends of tube.
4. Plastic caps securely taped in place.
5. Messages such as Fragile and Do Not Crush etc.

Again apologies if redundant but, there have been issues in the past.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 08:03:27 AM »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 10:29:36 AM »

Hi,

Apologies if this is redundant, but could I ask for specific packing;

1. Roll poster in paper, so tighter than inside of tube and secure in plastic.
2. This to ensure that the poster does not fit tightly against the inside of the Very Strong Tube so, IF there is a ding to the tube, the ding does not then automatically translate to poster.
3. Light tissue padding to both ends of tube.
4. Plastic caps securely taped in place.
5. Messages such as Fragile and Do Not Crush etc.

Again apologies if redundant but, there have been issues in the past.

I pretty much have the same note, but without the apologies.  :)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »
My note adds that if you can indent the tube with your fingers it is not strong enough.

Mark

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 09:38:12 AM »
Lets back up here a bit buyers  ;D ... this should be the order of operations.

1) Contact the seller, get a replacement or a refund, hopefully they give you the option.
2) Do not throw away or send back the poster unless the seller requests, hold on to it. If it was insured, it may need to be given to USPS as part of the claim process.
3) if no response, then you leave your negative and open a claim with paypal. Personally a negative is not warranted unless the seller doesnt take care of you.

USPS/UPS etc can crush any tube, doesnt matter what they are. I have had supposed gorilla proof tubes crushed and these are ones you can about stand on and not crush them (what Bruce uses, for reference).

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 01:03:38 PM »
...a negative is not warranted unless the seller doesn't take care of you.

Agreed.

USPS/UPS etc can crush any tube, doesn't matter what they are. I have had supposed gorilla proof tubes crushed and these are ones you can about stand on and not crush them.

If the seller uses a gorilla proof tube and packs the poster properly (as Dale always does) I would never blame him/her if the poster got damaged. I think this is a rare event and personally I have never had this happen to me in 25 years of collecting.

Mark

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 04:56:09 PM »

If the seller uses a gorilla proof tube and packs the poster properly (as Dale always does) I would never blame him/her if the poster got damaged. I think this is a rare event and personally I have never had this happen to me in 25 years of collecting.

I would agree with that statement, and it has never happened to me either in my almost 20 years (shit!!!) of collecting. 

This being said, if I pay for a mint poster and it doesn't come to me in mint condition, regardless of the tube used, I will turn to the seller for an exchange or a complete reimbursement.  Yes, even if I know the seller packed the poster properly.  The seller's job is to make sure the item gets to me in the described condition.  Anything short of that shouldn't be my problem.

T
My Personal Collection