Author Topic: Empire Strikes Back International Insert  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Steel81

• Beginner
Empire Strikes Back International Insert
« on: August 27, 2020, 04:45:24 PM »
Hi newbie here and I hope I did well with this but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. I just picked up this Empire Strikes Back International Insert. It has been backed in acid free conservation paper and it doesn't appear to be cropped but the coloring seems kinda off/dull to me? What do you guys think? Is the seller reputable? When I get it in the mail I will post more pics.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 04:47:05 PM by Steel81 »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Empire Strikes Back International Insert
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 05:49:43 PM »
Welcome.

I have never bought from this seller because he is soooooooooooooooo overpriced.  May I ask what you spent on this poster?  Any reason why you bought it backed?  The reason I ask is that i can easily be found unbacked, so maybe it's a preference of yours, which is fine.

It's a great poster and the seller is, I believe, legit (someone else can chime in), just a little crazy with prices.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Steel81

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 06:01:20 PM »
I paid $925 for it but I thought that to be a deal considering CineMasterpieces had them for $1400-$1800. I got it backed because I figured that was one step closer to displaying it on the wall. I assume I got taken on this huh? Where is your recommendation to purchase posters?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 07:17:34 PM »
I suspect Dave @Cinemasterpieces has his own set of high end clients willing to pay extra to get an authentic piece from a reputable dealer.  He's expensive, very expensive, but it seems to work for him.  Also, he will cut you a deal if he can.

$925 is definitely at the high end of the spectrum, but no surprise there.  The last one at Emovie sold for $585 (http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/EMPIRE%2520STRIKES%2520BACK/type/insert/sort/4/archive.html.  We're not talking a lot of money, a few hundreds, so nothing to lose sleep over.  You wanted it and you got it.

Also, you really don't need to back rolled inserts.  The paper is thick enough for perfect framing.

Unless someone states otherwise, I believe your item from Mrs Miniver is legit.  So enjoy it.  That's what matters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 07:46:50 PM »
Unless someone states otherwise, I believe your item from Mrs Miniver is legit.  So enjoy it.  That's what matters.
T

Definitely authentic. He does not sell fakes.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »
Mrs. Miniver's offerings are 100% authentic. Grossly overpriced but authentic. Mrs. Miniver, who is really Matt Shapiro, has been obsessed with anything Star Wars related since 1977 and is well known to long time collectors. The international ESB insert is definitely rarer than the domestic version but $925 worth of rare? Too rich for my blood but congrats on your purchase.

Offline Steel81

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 12:43:25 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I'm Glad to hear it is genuine, shame I over paid for it but I can deal with that. I will post more pics when it comes in the mail.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:45:02 PM by Steel81 »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »
Some people overpay by multiple $1,000s, so you’re fine.  There was a sale I think yesterday, I saw something about it on FB, where buyers spent $3 or $4k on SW posters worth less than two thirds of that.  So you’re fine :)

T
My Personal Collection