Author Topic: Ewbanks Auction 21st Aug  (Read 4962 times)

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
Ewbanks Auction 21st Aug
« on: August 23, 2020, 01:16:00 AM »
Hi all,

Anyone going down to Ewbanks to pick up any winnings from their latest poster auction?

I won one item, which is folded and would be very grateful if someone would pick this up and ship it to me (I’m in U.K.) 

Seems a madness that a shipping company will charge £25 for that service on one item.

Appreciate any help that comes my way.
Best
Marc.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Ewbanks Auction 21st Aug
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 02:29:06 PM »
Sorry Marc.

On this one occasion I had nothing to bid for otherwise I would already have popped the offer out there.

Hope someone can help out.

Simon.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 02:32:41 PM »
You should ask Paul Waines.  After his debacle with a forum member, I'm not sure if he is willing to help anymore, and I don't blame him, but he's been very helpful in the past.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 05:55:44 PM »
Paul lives a long way from Ewbanks. If I'm attending the sale I can pick up items for people the same day but sadly most UK auction venues remain closed for bidders during the pandemic. The cost you have been quoted does not seem too bad if you factor in someone going over to the auction rooms to collect your poster, then professionally packing it and then posting it. It's the 30% buyer's premium that hurts.

Mark

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 11:06:26 PM »
I was only mentioning it because I think Paul helped me a couple of times.  Then I decided that his time was not worth my posters so I stopped bidding there.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 06:35:27 AM »
.......I think Paul helped me a couple of times....
I may have done as well - La Veritee?

Mark