Common Poster Subjects > Auction House, Dealer & Other Seller Experiences

Stolen posters: Cory Glaberson (Reel Art Posters)

(1/8) > >>

ladeda:
Hello all! Long time no see. i hope collecting has bought some comfort this wild year.

I hate to be posting anything like this but I thought it was responsible of me to share a pretty shockingly awful situation with a 'respected' dealer.

In mid-2018 (June) I sent approximately 22 posters to Cory Glaberson to sell on my behalf. The deal was simple. He'd pay $350 upfront, anything he'd make over $700 would be split evenly.

He did indeed pay the initial $350. I received a single update that four posters had sold a couple month later. Then.. silence. I had emailed numerous times asking for updates. All ignored. Not a single reply received. The lone update I received was in August 2018.

Now exactly two years have passed. I'm out of pocket and posters, while Reel Art Posters/Collectables are still very much active on ebay and elsewhere.

50s:
That situation sounds very poor. Maybe call him?

ladeda:

--- Quote from: 50s on August 06, 2020, 03:16:02 AM ---That situation sounds very poor. Maybe call him?

--- End quote ---

Tried that to no avail too.

I'm more disappointed than anything else. I don't collect high ticket items so much of my experience was built on mutual trust with sellers, dealers and collectors because why go through the effort of stealing a couple hundred $ worth of paper.

Tang Lung in Rome:
Then you have no choice than to call cops unless he decides to play fair and give you the posters back

eatbrie:
When you say you tried to call him, what does that mean?  No phone #, he doesn't answer or he told u to fuck off?  Where is he located?  Does he have a phone number?  I don't know the person, so I don't really understand what's happening.

T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version