Author Topic: We just achieved our sales goal for the entire year after 7 months!  (Read 1287 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
My company, eMoviePoster.com had its all-time best sales year in 2019, with $5,771,705.00 in total sales (and those are REAL sales, unlike most auctions, whose results include sales that fell through, sales where the consignors bought their own items, and "sales" where the auction house "bought" the items from themselves).

THIS year, we switched to bi-weekly auctions (as part of my desire to "slow down", after 30 years, and $92 million in sales), which means we now hold 40% FEWER auctions than we used to. Naturally we expected to have 40% fewer sales as well, so we set a sales goal for the year of $3.5 million.

Then the pandemic hit, and we cancelled one set of bi-weekly auctions, and given all that was going on, we lowered our sales goal yet again, to $3 million.

But then something REALLY bizarre happened! Our sales grew and grew and grew, as we received lots of wonderful consignments, and also acquired more and more new buyers!

And our sales were SO incredibly strong that I realized we had the chance to hit our $3 million goal for the entire year FIVE months early, by July 31st (and to show just how remarkable that is, we were not able to have that many sales last year, ending last July at just under $3 million).

Well July has just ended, and our sales to date are $3,017,182.00. That means that not only have we reached our  entire year's goal in 7 months (with 40% fewer auctions), but we are also ahead of last year's record pace when we had $5.7 million in sales.

As far as the full year goes, we have five months left, and we will be holding THREE more Major Auctions (our soon-to-start September Major, our 21st Annual Halloween Auction, and our December Major Auction) so, while it seems impossible to have a sales record with 40% fewer auctions during a pandemic, who really knows!

And what caused this? First and foremost, our 50,000+ buyers over the years. Second, the incredible consignments we have received from our 2,700+ consignors. And third, the 25 employees of eMoviePoster.com, surely the best auction staff of any auction house, anywhere. My deepest thanks to all!

See http://www.emovieposter.com/sales/postersales.php for confirmation of our incredible sales growth over the years (and these ARE all confirmed real sales, and we know that other auctions can't say the same)!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: We just achieved our sales goal for the entire year after 7 months!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 09:05:33 AM »
Hi Bruce! Congratulations to you and the 25 employees of EMP! Well done!  clap

Out of interest, have you noticed any negatives related to the change in auction frequency? It sounds like you're very happy with how things are going so far?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 10:35:07 AM »
That's awesome, Bruce.  Selling better quality items must have surely had an impact.  And I, personally, now enjoy the week off too.  It takes a long time to go through 1,000 items, and it's nice to not have to do it every 3 days.  On the downside, I've bought way less items this year than last year and I blame you and Covid.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 12:00:37 PM »
Happy to hear this Bruce, way to go for you and EMP! bed1