Author Topic: LA BELLE ET LA BETE  (Read 440 times)

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
LA BELLE ET LA BETE
« on: July 20, 2020, 01:30:36 PM »
Hello everyone,

This masterpiece of a poster is folded, in great condition. Asking for 12,500 USD. It will be available for a limited time. Thanks. 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: LA BELLE ET LA BETE
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 04:48:33 PM »
Thatís actually a really good price for this poster, especially folded!!!!

Good luck!!!

T
My Personal Collection of 14,000+ Posters

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 04:49:52 PM »
You might have better luck w HA.  But of course, they take 40%!

T

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »
Hello Thierry,

Yes, I really think that this is a fair price. I donít want to take it to Heritage because of the reason you mentioned. Well, letís see if there is anybody interested.

Thanks for the opinion,

All the Best,

S

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »
Top 10 movie posters of all time, and in wonderful condition!

Let me see how much I can get for my kidney  ;D ;D

Good luck!!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 07:01:40 PM »
I could easily see it sell for $15k at HA, probably even more, but then youíd only get $9k+.  They would sell it for sure, but 40% is outrageous.  Someone on here will hopefully get it.

T

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 08:56:28 PM »
I could easily see it sell for $15k at HA, probably even more, but then youíd only get $9k+.   They would sell it for sure, but 40% is outrageous.

T once again proves that math is not his forte
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 08:58:02 PM by crowzilla »
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 03:33:10 AM »
Top 10 movie posters of all time, and in wonderful condition!

Let me see how much I can get for my kidney  ;D ;D

Good luck!!

Starling, I can trade this poster with your kidneys. I am sure they are in near mint condition!

:)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 09:08:27 AM »
Wish I could jump on it...

How about one kidney and two metal hips?
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 10:25:33 AM »
Wish I could jump on it...

How about one kidney and two metal hips?

Hahahhaha. If you can get one more metal hip for me, thatís a deal, Undead. 😂

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 02:50:15 PM »
If you're patient, you could also send it to Sotheby's.  I bet they would get even more money for it, but you'd probably have to wait a year before it shows up at auction.

T

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 09:09:59 AM »
If you're patient, you could also send it to Sotheby's.  I bet they would get even more money for it, but you'd probably have to wait a year before it shows up at auction.

T

Thierry, just out of curiosity, do you happen to know how much does Sotheby's get as commission?

Thanks,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »
No, sorry, I'm not a seller, so I've never dealt with them.  I don't buy from them either because they get crazy money on some specific items, way more than anyone else would.  Which is why I suggested them.  Whatever they charge should be compensated by the price realized.

I'm quite surprised that no one has hit you up yet.  If I didn't already own it, I would have not thought twice about it.

T
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:46:23 AM by eatbrie »

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 10:04:16 AM »
Ah, thank you, just wanted to ask, thought maybe you know something about this. I am not a seller either, but just need to use funds to get something else. Well, otherwise, I will think about another option, and keep this one. A poster I am very very fond of and had been on the lookout for a long time anyway. Well, I am, too, surprised, as well. Maybe everyone here who saw this has one unfolded copy of this poster :) Who knows? Let's see how it goes for a few more days. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:22:35 AM by Seckin »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 03:26:59 PM »
I was thinking you should also try to reach Antoine (@Antoine1973).  I think he is the biggest collector on this forum, he likes French posters and he hates linen.  He probably already owns the piece, but maybe he wants a second one or knows someone who might be interested (I certainly would have been but I'm about to sink a lot of money on a few posters a friend of mine is selling, so I have to restrain myself.)  I don't know how often he checks the forum, so I would shoot him a mail directly.

Just a thought.

T

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
Thierry, thank you for the tip. I will send Antoine a direct message. This is his real name, isnít it? Once again, thank you very much.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 06:23:52 PM »
Yes it is.  Like I said, BIG collector, with a very good eye for quality.

T

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 07:12:06 PM »
No, sorry, I'm not a seller, so I've never dealt with them.  I don't buy from them either because they get crazy money on some specific items, way more than anyone else would.  Which is why I suggested them.  Whatever they charge should be compensated by the price realized.

They charge more than the standard 30% Heritage does.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/articles/sothebys-buyers-premium-update
In addition to the standard 15% seller's premium, consignors at Sotheby's also have to pay photography and cataloging fees.

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Collection
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 08:38:09 PM »
One of my favorite posters ever :)
Best regards,

Holiday

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.