Author Topic: Twin Peaks (TV Series)  (Read 9765 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Twin Peaks (TV Series)
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
Inspired by this new forum, I bought my first TV poster today.  Some of you may remember the Twin Peaks series on ABC in the early 1990s. David Lynch created it and directed some of the episodes. IMHO it was the best TV series of the 1990s. It won the Golden Globe in 1990 for best drama but unfortunately it only lasted two years..

I spotted this original poster (18"x24") in the TV poster section of Ebay.  (I didn't even realize this section existed until this week.)  The poster shows the opening scene of the series, when the body of Laura Palmer is found.  The mystery surrounding her death is the major plot of the series but it's really the kooky charm of the cast that really endeared viewers.   I especially liked FBI agent Dale Cooper, played by Kyle MacLachlan. Here's the full article about the series on Wikipedia.  If you haven't seen it, you should get the DVDs from your local library

According to lynchposters.com, the posters for this series are extremely rare, but hopefully I can pick up a few more over time.

Any other fans out there?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:35:39 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
Re: Twin Peaks (TV Series)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »
I loved that show in the 90s.  Time to dig out the dvd set
Ves

cinemarts

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:00:09 PM »
Great series.
A shame FIRE WALK WITH ME slipped under the backwash of the series.
It's probably Lynch's most under rated film.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »
Great series.
A shame FIRE WALK WITH ME slipped under the backwash of the series.
It's probably Lynch's most under rated film.

Gotta respectfully disagree with that, Phil.  The film had a much more violent, hard-edged tone than the series.  I think it detracts from the series and is best forgotten.  However, I do have the Thierry hates "French Grande" and US one sheet posters for the film:

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »
I really liked Fire Walk With Me and watch it whenever I get a chance.  I was a big fan of the series, but it started to slip once Lynch handed off director duties to others.  If I'm not mistaken, he came back in the second season to try and get the show back on course

cinemarts

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 10:36:50 PM »
That's what I recall also. FWWM had all the aspects of the show they couldn't show on TV then, even though at the time TWIN PEAKS was considerably pushing the envelope of where TV shows could go.

Give it another go, Mel, and come it from the angle of it being a David Lynch movie rather than a TV spin off. It fits right in with
things like BLUE VELVET, LOST HIGHWAY, MULHOLLAND DRIVE and INLAND EMPIRE.

Worth taking a look at is Jennifer Lynch's SURVEILLANCE, while you're at it.
phil

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
Show started out great, the longer it went I didnt know what the hell to think of what I was watching anymore.