Author Topic: Star Wars attack of the clones  (Read 4123 times)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
Star Wars attack of the clones
« on: July 13, 2020, 08:25:13 PM »
Hi there I'm new to poster collecting and I have just purchased this star wars attack of the clones poster but I have noticed that the bottom part of my poster looks different than the once I've been seeing online is that an issue? I've bought it from a well-known poster shop just wanted to double-check as I paid quite a bit for it. Thanks!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Star Wars attack of the clones
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 08:57:21 AM »
It's a bit hard to see the detail from your photo. Is it the DTS logo that is on the left hand side in the online image, but the right hand side on your poster?

Does it measure 27 x 40" and is it double sided?

Which poster shop did you buy it from?

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 10:47:28 AM »
Hi yes, it's 27X40 and Double-sided, Just wondering why the logos are so different from other posters I've seen online, then it got me worried. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:49:59 AM by FanOfTheMovies13 »

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 10:50:35 AM »
More pics
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 10:53:10 AM by FanOfTheMovies13 »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »
Thanks for the extra photos.

It looks like you have what emovieposter have described as a 'Style C'. More info in the auction listing here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/14700543.html

Note that the style B looks very similar to this poster but does not have a rating (and is not marked "style C" at the bottom). It may be that the style C was printed as a sort of updated version of the style B, to include the ratings, but if that were true, we would have seen many of them, and we have only seen three in the past, MAKING IT EXTREMELY RARE!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:25:00 AM by Tob »

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 11:51:04 AM »
I see thanks so much for the help! Happy that it's legit.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »
We have a big collector and SW expert on this forum.  His name is Undead.  It might be worth checking it out with him if he hasn’t checked the thread.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »
Looks legit to me from the pics.

Can't really say a lot on this one. I do not believe it ever made it into wide circulation and is far rarer than the style B yes but does pop up from time to time. Value wise, it really does not seem to command a premium over the style B normally though there have been times like the one Tob linked that went for $99. Normally I've seen them in the $20 range but honestly do not pay much attention to them so may have missed a bunch too.

It is essentially the same as the last version of the style B with the property of line at the bottom and the only difference that I am aware of is that the sound logos have all been moved to the right side and for the added PG box.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
Great information thank you everyone for the help, I've learned a lot about my poster. :)

Offline Steel81

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 06:31:03 PM »
Does your poster read the style type in the bottom left and printed in the U.S.A. on the bottom right?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »
The B may be INTL as there is no ratings box.