Author Topic: July 2020  (Read 9202 times)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
July 2020
« on: July 11, 2020, 12:25:00 AM »
Happy to get these oversized postcards for the Kill Bill's press preview screenings - had never seen them before...

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
Re: July 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 03:58:57 AM »
Happy to get these oversized postcards for the Kill Bill's press preview screenings - had never seen them before...

Congrats notworthy.gif on those Hicks, Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 have to be my most watched out of all the Tarantino films, huge fan of both volumes and in fact only re-watched them a month or so ago, so any Kill Bill related collectables will always make a fine addition to any collection in my eyes 8)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 05:19:48 AM »
Thanks John  :)  I'm actually due for a Kill Bill rewatch soon myself!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 05:31:39 PM »
Matrix Reloaded Lenticular. 31x46 inches. Many years on the hunt for this one.  faint2.gif

https://youtu.be/UcAvHrInl94

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »
 thumbsup.gif congrats, Jason. It's always satisfying to bag one you've been after for a while. I'd never seen this before, it makes me want to watch that scene again,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 07:28:34 PM »
thumbsup.gif congrats, Jason. It's always satisfying to bag one you've been after for a while.

So true.  You can now move on to the next best thing.  That's what collecting is all about.  It never ends :)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 08:01:09 PM »
That is a cool Matrix lenticular, Jedgerley!  Like Tob, I hadn't seen this before either.  Okie

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 01:14:58 AM »
Thanks guys. It doesn't pop up often at least that was my experience over the years. Only found two for sale...and this one specifically I have been trying to buy from the seller for five years+
Had it shipped from Germany and getting this involved the original owner taking a road trip to deliver it and the Matrix bus shelter to a fellow collector in Berlin and they did an amazing job packing it and shipping it. Packed in 3 nesting boxes and 5 layers of bubblewrap & foam sheets.

My video is crappy but theres already better vids on youtube

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »
Great piece Edge, envious yet again.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 09:36:36 PM »
Great piece Edge, envious yet again.

Thanks Michael!   Well the grass is definitely greener on your side of the fence.  ;)

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 05:28:45 PM »
Been awhile! but back in the game... just got these today..

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 12:43:07 AM »
Yea, Big Mike!  Conrad Veidt!  Okie

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 11:10:01 PM »
Jungle Captive was released 75 years ago last month.  This 3 sht showed up for sale out of Blackie Seymour's collection. It's in about as near to new condition as you could hope for in a 75 year old poster.  It also has one of the best images of Rondo Hatton. I still get a thrill seeing a poster this age in such nice condition. Okie
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:15:15 PM by okiehawker »

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 12:05:16 AM »
Wow, great pick up Okie!  I have the one sheet for that title, but this 3-sheet is even better.  Love that it's a folded copy too thumbsup.gif congrats!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 01:05:15 AM »
Never hesrd of that movie, but cool poster!!!

notworthy.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 02:31:30 PM »
That's not too surprising T, as the movie itself isn't great: it's the 3rd installment of the Ape Woman trilogy, a lesser Uni Horror series of B-movies from the 1940s.  It starred Acquanetta in the first 2 outings as Cheena the ape woman (a gorilla who turns into a woman after being experimented on by a mad scientist!), and Vicky Lane as Paula the new ape woman in the final sequel.  TBH I think the posters are the best thing about these films, the most desirable being the one for the first movie Captive Wild Woman (below is my folded copy), as it stands as a classic illustration of the "damsel in distress carried off by the monster" trope.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 03:40:52 PM »
TBH I think the posters are the best thing about these films, the most desirable being the one for the first movie Captive Wild Woman (below is my folded copy), as it stands as a classic illustration of the "damsel in distress carried off by the monster" trope.

If I remember correctly, your CWW is also from Blackie's collection, beautiful copy of that poster.
And I think there is still a lot more to come from there.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
Actually no Crowzilla, I didn't get my copy from Blackie's collection.  I didn't know his collection was being sold, where online can I find it?

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 07:34:07 PM »
Actually no Crowzilla, I didn't get my copy from Blackie's collection.  I didn't know his collection was being sold, where online can I find it?

Hi Antoine, If you're on eBay, you've seen his collection over the last few years.  Can we keep it at that perhaps on this wide open public forum?  You're sure right about the posters being the best thing about the movies! Okie
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:39:56 PM by okiehawker »

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 10:39:16 PM »

My mistake, I thought this was the one you purchased from ebay awhile back (which is Blackie's collection, but you are dealing with Chester who is selling for his widow).
Not sure why Oakie would think the seller's ID is top secret since he's been very active on ebay the past few years, but it's Stilltherllbemore
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 11:01:17 PM »
Crowzilla, that is indeed the seller whom I bought my copy from on eBay.  I didn't know this seller was selling Blackie's collection.  My bad, you were correct and I was mistaken.  I bought a bunch of posters from the same source over the past year or so without having any idea where they came from.  It's cool to know now!   

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 11:08:16 PM »
My mistake, I thought this was the one you purchased from ebay awhile back (which is Blackie's collection, but you are dealing with Chester who is selling for his widow).
Not sure why Oakie would think the seller's ID is top secret since he's been very active on ebay the past few years, but it's Stilltherllbemore

Not TS, Sean, though it is outing information that takes some study and paying attention as a collector. Thank you for helping me confirm it's time for old Okie to pack it up and go back into the social media ether.

See some of you at conventions someday, I hope.

Okie

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 12:09:55 AM »
Not TS, Sean, though it is outing information that takes some study and paying attention as a collector. Thank you for helping me confirm it's time for old Okie to pack it up and go back into the social media ether.

We have a whole thread called mid-auction analysis where we do just that. Not like you really have to do searching to find ebay.
But share the love, Okie - isn't that what this hobby is about?
www.Kaijuposters.com