Author Topic: Terminator  (Read 3545 times)

Offline sally

• Beginner
Terminator
« on: July 06, 2020, 06:32:09 PM »
Hi everyone! We have recently had a cinema room built at the top of the garden and wanted some posters to go up there. My partner and daughter's favourite film series is Terminator so we bought the first poster and will be getting it framed shortly.

The poster looks great, it measures 27x40, tanning on the back and all the writing is crystal clear, no blurriness on the ratings box either. The only thing we are unsure about is the NSS no. at the bottom and the 'Printed in U.S.A' text. As you can see from the pictures some of the letters have a red outline. Is this normal or is it a bad sign?

Thanks for reading,
Sally
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:05:19 PM by sally »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Terminator
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 07:30:12 PM »
Hmm...  This doesn't look great to me.  Is your poster rolled or folded?  Can you post a picture of the whole poster?  There are 2 versions of this poster in size, one is 27x41 with white borders, and the other one is 27x39in.  I could be wrong on the later, maybe 40.  Mine are buried very deep.  But the redness is a problem, I think.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline sally

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. The poster is rolled.

I will roll it out tomorrow and take a full size picture. We don't have a large table to roll it out on so I only have some photos of the text but I will upload them for now.

Offline sally

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 07:59:18 PM »
Another picture
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:03:55 PM by sally »

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 03:32:59 PM »
Graphics and size look good.  If there's no white border on top or bottom it's probably fine.  Not sure they would fake these as they are relatively cheap to get.  Where did you acquire it?

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 05:36:04 PM »
Assuming the dimensions are correct and it's not blurry, it's probably original.  I wouldn't worry about the tiny bit of red haloing on the fine print.  That's just caused when the different color plates don't line up exactly -- which is quite common. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 05:53:01 PM »
There you go.  Forget what I said.  These two guys know way more than I do about posters.

notworthy.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline sally

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
Thank you everyone for your replies.

The poster was from eBay, a seller called moviepostercenter. I did my research and could only find one post about them where someone on here or another forum said they’re fine to use. There is no white border on the poster.

Assuming the dimensions are correct and it's not blurry, it's probably original.  I wouldn't worry about the tiny bit of red haloing on the fine print.  That's just caused when the different color plates don't line up exactly -- which is quite common. 

That’s so good to hear, thanks for letting me know. Have you seen this happen before with posters? We were only worried as I asked a few other poster sellers first and they said they hadn’t seen it before. It is hardly noticeable though you have to study it to see.