Off-Topic Discussion > Board Issues, Suggestions, Updates, Questions & Fixes

Facebook, Instagram and YouTube - how to embed in a post

(1/4) > >>

Tob:
Hi all,

As there is some nice poster content on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, I have installed a mod to make showing this content a bit easier - it's called Simple Audio Video Embedder (SAVE)

To embed an Instagram post (image or video) or a YouTube video, simply copy and paste the URL into your post. When clicking 'Post', the mod should add the code automatically to embed.

To embed a Facebook post, you need to click the timestamp in the post (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below), then Facebook will refresh and show you the post. You can then copy and paste the URL from that window and the mod should automatically embed. Facebook video URLs should work fine as a direct copy and paste. If the post is from a 'closed' or 'private' group, it won't embed, you'd need to re-post publicly and then embed that post.

Please let me know if you see any weird behaviour or hate it.

Feel free to use this thread to test!

Tob:
For example:

Rich has started a nice Instagram page...if I want to share this post on Frank, I copy and paste the URL and it should show his post below...

View this post on Instagram
--- End quote ---

(function(d,s,id){var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/fr_FR/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.12";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "facebook-jssdk"));

(function(d,s,id){var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/fr_FR/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.12";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "facebook-jssdk"));

Tob:
or if you want to see Wonka's 3-sheet for Empire Strikes Back, just copy and paste the link:

View this post on Instagram
--- End quote ---

Tob:
Or if Tang wants to share one of his YouTube vids, he can just copy and past the URL

Tob:
Anyway, give it a try and let me know what you think. If folk hate it, we can remove it.

If anyone can figure out how it works with Facebook, they'll get a gold star...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version